Tuesday, March 22, 2022

Tuesday morning

 I slept pretty well, woke up a couple of times, though.  

The rain came through very early this morning.  I was up at 6.  I did my God Time and organized the cats' cabinet.  

I have 2 big cabinets and one small one at floor level in my kitchen.  I have one small cabinet and 3 bigger ones at eye level.  Ron and I arranged the left cabinet would be "mine" and the right cabinet/counter would be "his".  He put the microwave on the counter because he could not use the built in from his wheelchair (and the built in died some time ago).  I have, let me see...56 square feet in there.  Some of you probably have bigger pantries 😂.  So I cleaned out Ron's cabinet after he died and just left it empty.  I recently started putting a few things in there but I made a realization: the male cats had figured out a way to open the cabinet door and go in there for a relaxing retreat.  I don't want to stop that, although it is disconcerting when I reach in there for a bag of something and a cat head pops out.  On the plus side I will never have rodent issue.  

But I needed to organize it for my own self, and also so the cats could have their retreat.  Yes, I know it is not normal to have a kitchen cabinet for the cats.  I organized my lentils and a couple of cans of chili in there, pulled out the expired box of microwave popcorn (a big one), threw that out, and moved a few things around the kitchen.  I am very happy.  The cats have their space.  I think I will put the cat bed in there too.  

I just did that and it fits great.  Now let's hope no one dies in there.  

Since the weather is nice and sunny I decided to go ahead and get my laundry done.  I bought a 2 pack of bras on clearance at work this weekend and I want to put them in rotation.  Plus I have to clean the stuff I wore.  The bathroom stalls are narrow at work (not at other stores though) and I sometimes bump my shoulder on the tampon trash can and that is just revolting.  I mean, the thing looks clean enough but I know it is covered in germs.  So I want that washed with sanitizer.  I am working retail, riding the bus, riding in a cab on occasion, etc. so I want that all cleaned off.  

I am happy to buy the laundry sanitizer.  I run it as a soak cycle first and then a standard load.  I also use Tide.  That is one thing I don't cheap.  Laundry detergent.  I will use generic soap, dishwasher liquid, shampoo, etc. but not the laundry detergent.  It's just not worth it if I have to run the load twice.  

My washer does very well.  I only do a few loads a week, if that.  So that's done.  

I am debating doing the floor today.  We will see.  When the washer finishes I plan to take a nap.  

That's it for now.  

No comments: