Friday, March 11, 2022

Friday morning

 Sometimes I think it's not the job, it's the coworkers that make it hard.  One coworker was complaining about me last night so I may hear something from the bosses today.  But I can, and will, defend my work last night.  

I will say last night I was pretty depressed but I still managed to get it all done.  I just didn't jump everytime she (who is not a boss) came and told me I "had" to do this or that, all stuff that didn't need to be done that minute.  

We are coming up on inventory and management is freaking out about that.  Like I told a coworker, if it comes back "bad" it reflects on them.  They may lose a job but we will not.  We might get some lectures on better inventory control.  

An example, many of the customers do not read the package of underwear.  They rip it open, stretch it out, examine it, then throw it down and pick up an intact, identical, package.  Then we have all these open packs of underwear.  We tape them together but it looks bad and who wants to buy that?  Food gets opened and eaten, packages discarded.  Last year one lady ate an ice cream bar and threw the wrapper away right in front of me.  So I expect it will be bad.  

So I did all that, came home, ate my leftover Chorizo lentils which were very good.  I will be making that again.  The Chorizo was cheap, lentils are still pretty cheap, I just used a little rice to thicken it, that's cheap (or was when I bought it).  The Chorizo is about $2 a pound which is very feasible, especially as I only used 4 ounces for my batch.  

The cats are smart.  They like to get in the cabinets and bang the doors, but only when I'm awake.  They are banging away.  They like to get into Ron's "liquor cabinet".  I haven't really put anything in there since he died I am out of the habit of using it.  So I may put a cat bed in there.  If I can find a cheap one, or even a towel or something.  

I have decided I am not eating at the McDonald's anymore.  1.  $5 a day is too much and 2.  Twice now I have been there and they didn't have their hair secured properly.  If you have long hair it has to be in a bun or braid, or rolled up under your hat, not hanging down in a ponytail.  And the boss was right there so that has me thinking what other rules are they bending?  So it will be my own lunch, something from the hot deli (very careful about food safety), or something from the canned food section like some of those beanie weenies.  My budget will appreciate it.  I just have a policy: if the hair is hanging down, or inadequate handwashing facilities, I don't eat there.  It has worked for me.  

The only problem with my lentils, they were a little underdone, maybe needed 10 more minutes.  So now I know.  

I am having a better day today which is good.  I am pretty tired which I mentioned but I will go and get it all done.  They fixed one of the broken things about my job and a coworker fixed the other thing.  At least for now, so we'll see.  

That's it for now.  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My 2nd job is at mcD. There are so many managers there, it's ridiculous. Anyway,I don't see any actions that are too alarming to make me not eat there. The only pet peeve of mine is the cell phone policy they ALL break. Despite the policy signs, no one enforces it.

Heather Knits said...

We are permitted light cell phone use on duty. It's just been my experience, food safety has gone out the window when I see hair hanging down. One time I refused to eat at a restaurant because the owner had her hair loose to her shoulders, in the kitchen!