Monday, March 14, 2022

Well that was interesting

 So I left the house with several bags of candy.  My calculations said I would have 5 bus rides and 2 cashiers so I brought enough for all of them.  The first bus driver did not want candy.  Neither did the second one.  I got off before the transit center and went to the dollar store.  The light was broken and I will not be doing that again.  I will ride to the next stop and walk back.  

So I went in and looked around, got some cleaning supplies, bagged candy, and a bag of yogurt raisins for about $8.  I caught the next bus to the transit center.  The bus I rode to the dollar store had turned around and was waiting to go "back" which is what I wanted.  I didn't know it was him, though, so I left a bag of candy in the seat (the door was open and bus driver absent, they do that on their breaks and lunches), sat down, he got on "Who did this?" and I waved my hand.  He laughed and took it.  I don't care about the candy but I do hope he reads the booklet.  I rode to the budget grocery.  

I had about $7 left and curious to see what I could get.  I found a really nice loaf of multi grain bread for $1.74.  I decided to take it, put it in the cart.  I also wanted some drink mix, they have a really good diet raspberry green tea so I got 2 boxes of the powder.  Then I got a bag of generic potato chips (snack size) and a cold bottle of diet pop for about a dollar.  It cost me about $5.80 for everything.  I paid and pulled the bag of candy out of my hoodie (mauve) pocket and I think that's where I lost my mask.  I get to the bus stop and my pine sol (generic brand) is leaking a little so I tighten that up, and I'm looking for my mask and it is NOWHERE to be found.  

Well, crap.  That is a long walk home if they don't let me ride the bus.  I specifically left my credit card at home so I can't use that to buy another mask; Uber won't let me ride without a mask, I remember that.  I will have to call one of my two guys and have them wait outside while I "rassle" up some money to pay them.  Not crazy about that.  Or I could walk almost 2 miles with a heavy bag of cleaning supplies on my arm.  

I prayed about it and decided to throw myself on the mercy of the driver, which I did.  She said 'Come on" beckoning me, and handed me a disposable mask.  "BLESS YOU!" I replied.  She was not one of my regular drivers.  

I did not fit the profile of a trouble maker.  So I rode to the subdivision and lugged everything home.  I put it away.  I am happy now.  I need to be more careful about my mask.  I may get the copper fit ones that have the lanyard built in so I can just wear it "down" on my chest when it is not on my face.  

I will now be taking a nap.  

No comments: