Wednesday, March 23, 2022

Wednesday morning

 Pretty depressed last night, enough that I broke out the "big Guns" and took one of my Stress-B vitamins.  It did help.  I also went to bed early.  I woke up in the middle of the night but went back to sleep, woke up again a little before my alarm.  I had 3 cats in my bed, Baby Girl still won't come in my room.  She likes to hang out on the couch near my computer.  

So I got up, fed everybody.  Discovered I had started my cycle.  Well, at least I don't have to look for it now.  I got out my supplies.  

Today's my day off; I go for my eye exam.  I already picked out glasses.  My eyes are great just need a little boost in that bottom half of the bifocal, the "reader" part I guess.  But it is important to watch my eyes.  It was important when I was the only set of eyes in the house, even more now that I am on my own.  Not that I anticipate a problem.  I do take my vitamins and watch my sugar intake.  

But I am looking forward to reading better.  The frames I like are really cute.  The ones I am wearing now are a basic style and a very dark purple.  These are a little brighter purple.  I like purple, it goes with everything.  I generally wear black, navy, rarely some hot pink.  It will work.  

I always get the plain lined bifocal I have found that the easiest, and then a Transitions lens which is very helpful at the bus stop.  It goes dark in the sun and then fades to clear when I'm inside.  That took a little getting used to the first time I did that but I enjoy it.  It's great if I have a headache, too, it keeps the light down.  

Hopefully afterward we will have time to run to the thrift store, I would like to look around.  I'm not sure what my aunt has planned, though.  We transferred some money into my account (from what Ron left me) to cover the glasses.  I am happy about doing that as it is basically a one time expense.  I am really happy I don't have to use the credit card.  So I can just pay outright.  

I also have to get my fence fixed but once that is done I shouldn't need the savings any more.  I got a letter from the property tax people.  My home is valued about twice what I paid for it 18 years ago.  So my tax bill is going up, I may need the savings for some of that.  I don't plan to touch it otherwise.  

I need to take a shower working up the energy to do that.  The chicken thighs seem kind of greasy but I plan to refrigerate them and scoop off the grease, then freeze them.  Hopefully that works out.  Worst case I only spent a dollar or two.  

That's it for now.  

No comments: