Tuesday, March 29, 2022

I got a letter from the HOA.

 I got a letter about my fence from the HOA a month ago.  I ignored it.  Then I got another letter.  So I have to fix my fence, not a big job I think but it won't be free.  

I did a little hunting on Google, but they either have bad reviews or REALLY nice fences I cannot afford.  I just need something basic.  I will ask on Nextdoor tomorrow.  Mention I am a widow who works at Walmart just so we are VERY clear on my budget.  

Who knows I might meet my next husband, doing this.  But I would rather not have to fix it.  Which is why they have an HOA so I don't drag the neighborhood into the gutter.  

One thing that astounds me, someone offered to paint my house about 10 years ago.  My house is a lurid orange.  Like, Halloween orange.  So I sent in a paint chip with a request form and sent it off.  I had picked out a lovely sky blue.  They sent me a letter back saying NO.  They wanted brown or gray.  I didn't want brown or gray so we dropped the whole house painting thing.  

Eventually I will paint it gray.  But the HOA would rather have the orange than the blue.  Even though other houses in the neighborhood, small houses like mine, are pastel colored.  I guess they don't have a paint police.  I don't pretend to understand.  

Like I said it is probably a good idea I have an HOA to keep me from being that house.  The crazy widowed cat lady...

So I have shared Ron's theory about earthquake victims.  That some people in life have bad things happen to them, things they can't help, to give others an opportunity to help.  And unfortunately Ron and I were it.  I felt like we were always having to ask for help.  

I am proud.  That is not a good thing.  I am working on it.  So I will need to ask for help, again.  I just hate to raid the savings.  New glasses I was OK on that.  But I just hate to tap the savings.  

On another note I am OK with the trash can situation.  They put a very small bag last night I hardly noticed it.  

When I got up I deboned my pork roast and bagged it up with some rice.  Now I have some meals.  Then I put the next pork roast in the crock pot.  I don't have room in the freezer, I am going to have to eat the next one without freezing it.  I did get rid of the skimmed off fat and bone, gristle, stuff like that in my trash can and there was plenty of room.  

I also cleaned all the litter boxes (after handling the food, not before) because I didn't want to have a dirty box around my aunt and uncle.  They are wrapping up things with the Houston house today and then picking me up to go out for a while.  

That should be fun.  

I don't know how I will cope once they leave town, my faith will hold me, I can call or text anytime.  But it's a loss.  

No comments: