Monday, February 28, 2022

A trip to Ikea

 My aunt came this morning and we went to Ikea.  

I wanted to get feather pillows, pillow covers, and some reusable tote bags as I am always using a tote bag.  I find them so handy.  

We got in the store.  I had to do the escalator.  I hate escalators.  When my adoptive Mom had just married my Dad she brought a toddler (and 2 older kids) to the marriage.  She went out with us one day.  I was about 5, he was 2 and in a stroller.  She had trouble with the stroller at the top of the escalator and I fell down.  To the bottom.  I was not harmed but scared to death and crying.  A customer and a store employee helped get me back on my feet and made Mom feel TERRIBLE about it.  She was very defensive.  It had been a long time since she had 2 young kids together and the stroller wasn't working properly.  I have never blamed her for that but I just don't like escalators.  

Next time I will take the elevator.  Anyway at the top of the escalator they had the pillows I wanted, feather pillows, 20 inches square.  I loaded up on a few.  Then I found the 20 inch navy covers.  I got 2 of those.  We looked around some.  I saw some cute stuff I liked BUT I have a small house.  

My in laws had a nice little house.  It was cute and he had built most of it himself.  But they had so much furniture crammed in there it was very uncomfortable.  No room to just stand anywhere and turn around with your arms out, you would knock into something.  Ron and I agreed we would not keep our house like that, but have breathing room, and I still intend to do that.  

So I saw cute stuff, but I'm full.  They did have some cute loveseats but the ones I have work fine.  If anything I might need a loveseat cover on the "Lillberg" loveseat but they are fine.  

We didn't get anything to eat and then went downstairs.  I found reusable tote bags and was very happy about that, huge canvas ones for $3.  I got 4, and 2 small ones for $2 each.  Then I found some folding totes that squish down into a pocket so I got a few of those, they were only 50 cents each.   I was set for totes, now about those pillows.  

They did NOT have the 26 inch square pillows I had specifically sought, I decided to compromise and get a total of 5, 20 inch pillows.  One for Ron's room to go in the orange cover, which I found, and matches my other one in the orange cover.  Two for the navy on the loveseat in the front room.  And 2 for Ron's room.  But I forgot I already had a feather pillow at home so I have an extra, which is fine.  

They had some really cute artificial plants and my aunt and I agreed a couple would look very nice by Ron's urn.  I got one vining one and she picked out a nice "orchid".  We set them up when we got home.  


I thought the $20 in plants was money well spent.  That set me up, we checked out and went to lunch.  

I told my aunt the local taqueria is going to think we don't like them anymore when she moves because I won't be going there.  

She has two things on the market and got a serious offer on one of them, so that's good.  They did want the wine fridge as part of the deal which I found funny.  It isn't very big, or expensive, but they really liked the way it looked, I guess.  

We ran a couple of quick errands and then came home, she was working on a headache so she left.  She said it wasn't bad otherwise I would have set up Ron's bed for her to lie down.  Well it's not Ron's bed but the bed in Ron's room?  The Blue room?  What do I call it?!  I call the former computer room the orange room because it is orange.  Maybe I will just call it the blue room.  

That's it for now.  I have tomorrow off too so likely will come back and post.  


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

When I was a kid my red rubber boots got caught at the top of the escalator and it chewed off the end of one of my boats at my toes. It was at a Sears store store if you've ever been to 1 of those. Needless to say Sears gave me a free pair of boots. And I have escalator phobia for life lol.

Heather Knits said...

Glad you were OK. I think the escalator thing also plays into the heights thing as well.

I can handle pretty much all bugs/vermin in Texas (except maybe a scorpion), but heights? Traffic? [shudder] There are some bridges over a bayou near my home and I am terrified of them. They're the worst of both worlds.