Sunday, February 16, 2020

"Where are the face masks"

I took a Uber to Walmart after making sure Ron was settled. 

I went to my bank and made my deposit.  Then the shopping. 

I found some satin nickel over door hooks I like for $3 and I am an over door hook fiend.  I am not sure if the doors will be painted so I didn't mount them yet but happy to see them.  I do want all my metals to match as much as possible and satin nickel finish seems to be popular everywhere. 

I saw some over the toilet organizers but I am on the fence about them.  I worry they will make the room look crowded or Ron might knock them over.  So I didn't get any. 

I saw a guy looking at hand held showers and I told him to spend a little more than he wanted, it would be worth it, I loved my shower and it was worth every penny.  He put the nicer one in his cart. 

If I were better socially, and could drive, I might have a career in sales. 

I got some Mountain Dew and a Monster for Javier.  I got some hand soap which I am looking forward to using.  I went to the pharmacy, because, to quote the Hokey Pokey "That's what it's all about". 

Getting my pills. 

A long line.  I saw 3 women cut the line and go up to the clerk directly, one kept bothering him until she had had enough attention, then she went over to the diabetic supplies which were plainly visible.  One woman wanted sanitizer (they had recently rearranged) and the last one was freaking out about face masks. 

I wanted to say "If you are serious about staying healthy you should stay home and avoid crowds" but I didn't.  I finally got up to the front, the clerk knows me and had already input my information.  His only question was I Heather or Harriet because he only remembered the first initial.  Harriet is diabetic and apparently diligent about taking her medication, and often has a refill when I do.  We also share the same birthday so it can get confusing. 

We checked everything because it's crazy pills.  Glad he gets it.  Everything was accurate.  $36 for one month of 3 drugs and 3 months of another.  I will have doc fix that next time.  I paid up, put everything in my backpack, and off to the shopping.  I didn't get much, 2 bags and that includes 4 six packs of diet dew and a big package of toilet paper.  I did get some more frozen food.  Ron is on a corn dog kick lately so we are doing a lot of them. 

He loves his juice and has no idea it has sweet potato, carrot, and beet juice in with the fruit flavors.  I am never going to tell him, either.  I did get another juice. 

I went by the deli and got him some chicken strips, checked out. 

I went to McDonald's and ordered two double cheeseburgers with just ketchup, and one plain double hamburger.  You can imagine my disgust when, Cleo begging at my feet, I opened "her" burger only to find it had cheese.  She hates cheese and won't eat it even if you scrape it.  So no burger for Cleo.  I felt like a horrible mother because I just checked the little post it on her burger, which had the accurate information.  Next time I will unwrap and open her burger.  Poor little nut! 

I got a ride home, he said he had been hanging out in the parking lot and taking everyone home.  I thought that was great. 

He helped me get everything in the garage and then I put it away, gave Ron his food.  I ate my burger and took my pills, then a nap.  I slept like the dead, a lot of good sleep today.  11 hours last night and 2 hour nap.  I only got up because I had a headache. 

Oh, and I got some dusting cloths for the blinds.  I noticed they are really bad and to be honest I don't think I have ever cleaned them.  So I will work on that when I finish here.  We work tomorrow morning, come home, text Carlos.  He will come and texture the walls. 

I told the manger at the bank about Carlos and she wanted his number.  I would love to boost his business.  I made a point of telling her what a great job he did fixing the hole in my ceiling. 

Anyways, I had better go do that dusting while I have the energy. 

Oh, and there's a cricket in my bedroom.  That is going to make for an interesting night if the cats don't eat him. 

No comments: