Tuesday, February 4, 2020

Tuesday morning

Last night wasn't much fun, but the cats seemed to understand I needed the space in bed.  I had my bucket and I did take some ginger root for nausea.  A rough night but I made it. 

I got up at 7, found blood on the floor, Ron was rolling around a and banged his knee on something.  I can only imagine the carnage I would have found if he were on blood thinners like "they" want.  I fed him, gave him back his blanket.  It was still a little damp but he was really eager for it.  He had turned the heat up to max and it was pretty oppressive. 

I turned it down, he didn't care now that he had his blanket back.  I hand washed it in the tub and then added vinegar to the rinse water. 

The floor was pretty bad with blood drops and all so I swept, told Ron I was about to mop, and mopped. 

[I kid you not, EIGHT paragraphs of ranting about #6]

That is why it's a bad idea to do illegal work on hour house, if you will pardon the pun.  It can come back to bite you, and GUARANTEED if he has a claim the insurance won't pay because he made all the modifications.  NOT thinking when he did that. 

And let me tell you, our adjuster went over every inch of the house when he came out.  They'll find everything.  ALL I am doing: drywall, paint.  Floors.  Baseboard.  Install vanity and maybe a new toilet if the budget allows.  That is IT for now. 

Eventually, clean Ron's room out, move him to computer room, paint, flooring.  Maybe put a grab bar by the bed, on the wall, so he can lever up easier. 

But this is all within normal scope of operations for homeowners.  I am not knocking down walls, converting the garage (I have a moisture issue out there anyway), etc.  Eventually I might like to get a shed out back, I have room, and I could put things like extra bedding, the cot, etc. out there for as needed, a lot cheaper than a storage unit. 

And the headache is finally gone.  Thank God.  I am a little manic which I don't get as I took everything yesterday. 

It's going to be a cold day before I eat those sunflower seeds again.  I am pretty sure that's what got me yesterday. 

It gets tiresome and I have a horrific list of foods I can't eat.  God forbid I ever lose my memory I will be in a world of pain.  I should do a blog post with a list so I can see. 

Ugh, manic.  I am NOT taking the antidepressant today I will be sky-high if I do that and I am already getting on my own nerves. 

No comments: