Sunday, February 9, 2020

Sunday morning

I thought about naming the post "Midnight corn dog" but thought that would go to a wrong place, or maybe I just have a filthy mind. 

ANYWAY, I bought corn dogs yesterday at the store, it is good convenience food.  I thought they were individually wrapped but they weren't but that is OK, I have gallon ziplocks. 

I fed Ron one yesterday, a lot of times he wants "something small" like one chicken strip, this is good for him, he said.  I woke up on my own in the middle of the night, I could tell Ron was awake, said Hi, he asked if I could get him some juice and a snack, but he didn't know what... I got him a corn dog and he loved it.  I am down to four now, I will need to get more. 

We talked a little,I gave Cleo some treats, and went back to bed.  I woke up later - AH that was what woke me up - Biscuit beat the crap out of that cat, it came in through the cat door and Biscuit SPANKED it...the racket woke us up.  Then I fed Ron and went back to bed. 

Don't cross Biscuit, he really flogged that cat.  It is a big tom so not like he got a kitten or something, and, like I told Ron, he LOVES Cleo and Spotty, Mama cat, he just doesn't like toms. 

Biscuit got on me to sleep afterward.  We slept very nicely (glad I got the bigger cot) and I woke up around 8, helped Ron to the bathroom, made his bed. 

I flipped the mattress, the underside looked very fresh and plush.  I don't think I have ever flipped it, for him.  I put a cheap vinyl fitted sheet onto it, then an older fabric fitted sheet, the "nice" mattress pad, and a newer fabric sheet on top.  I saved the chux, which is not terribly sturdy, for bed bath. 

That should hold him for a while.  Then I put his radio (mine, but he broke his so I gave it to him) and portable fan into his bed for him.  It looks good, is very comfortable for him "It feels taller, and nice".  It will be easy to clean. 

Ron is happy he gets a bed bath and doesn't have to get in the bathtub.  I asked him if he would like a walk in tub and he said no.  I plan to put the chux under him and do it that way.  I have done bed baths and seen plenty given when he was in the hospital.  Eventually I will have to get some shampoo caps but he will be fine like this from now on.  He shouldn't have any problems if I stay on top of it, either. 

I also plan to run the small heater in the room when I am giving the bath.  That should cover all the bases. 

We can't take a chance of Ron falling getting in, or me rupturing something getting him out.  God forbid he needed a tub bath when I had a migraine. 

I'm going to take my shower after I give him the bath, that just seems prudent. 

To the comments from yesterday, I have on many occasions gone outside when Ron is ranting about something and you can't hear him in the yard, much less next door.  These are single family homes, not condos. 

My Dad saw my rant on Facebook and said it was a good idea to put the chair on a chain so I feel validated on that.  They were really impressed I got snacks and drinks for the workers.  Apparently people don't do that?  Someone is coming over, helping me out, I am paying them thousands, I am going to get them a snack. Whether they eat it or not is anyone's guess. 

I did see one reason why our sales are so bad.  There are many individually wrapped snacks like you wold buy from a vending machine, on sale in 10 packs at the Walmart, for less than I charge per unit.  If you really like chocolate chips or whatever it's a good deal.  So I imagine a lot of them are just getting those rather than shop with us. 

I didn't tell Ron but there have been two people with boxes of candy bars selling them in our area.  They do it right in front of me, a total violation of the contract.  But assume they are selling them for a dollar they are only making probably a quarter each on them.  It only works to make money if you have a couple dozen rows of them in a snack machine.  But selling them one at a time like that... they will get bored and tired before long, I think. 

I know if I tell Ron he will be apoplectic and start making phone calls and I don't think that is prudent right now.  I think we have to pick our battles.  Now, having that [censored] scale right next to my snack machines... I did mention that to management. 

I understand they want the employees making "better food choices" but those bad choices pay my bills.  And I have a lot of bills. 

I think one nice thing about working together and being self employed at it, when talk turns to work it is not a big deal.  We talk about work all the time.  I will not tell Ron about all the snacks at Walmart, though, that's just discouraging. 

Enough about work, the cats are good.  Spotty has a good appetite and is playing, the other cats are good.  Cleo is totally over the virus.  Spotty is drinking water from the fountain right now so definitely not worried about him.  It is interesting to me, I have a stainless bowl full of water on the floor next to the water fountain.  They like both.  So I guess I will keep doing that.  It is really important for cats to drink a lot of water. 

I find it funny they, particularly Cleo, like to come inside and use the litter box.  Only an animal poops outside!  LOL  And Cleo is a lady. 

I am curious to see what Lumber Liquidators bids me on my job.  I have a figure in my head, if it is less than that I will hire them.  Plan is to have Carlos come in and do drywall and paint, LL come in and do floors, Carlos come back and do baseboards. 

Plan B is buy the materials myself, hire Mike to install.  Mike said they would do that.  It is funny, I have so many new numbers in my phone book and I am answering the phone when anyone calls now. 

Ron got really upset over that at work the other day.  LL called me about the appointment and he got very upset I was on a personal call.  Normally I never do personal calls. 

I remember he even got very upset about 10 years ago when Dad blew out his gallbladder and ended up in ICU for a week.  Dad kept waiting to go to the doctor and it developed gangrene, internally.  That is not a good thing.  They had to do a huge operation to clean him out because, as you know, the gallbladder is right next to the liver.  Ron would get upset about progress calls, he is just very uptight on that. 

He does practice what he preaches and if a personal call comes for him he shuts them down. 

I am drinking Mountain Dew Zeros today and they are good, very like a regular diet dew, which I love.  I have gotten some awful Diet Dr Peppers lately, they can go bad and I have had some bad batches.  Horrible.  I am gagging them down because I am cheap but they are awful, and when I went to Walmart yesterday, I did not buy any more.  I have never had that problem with a Diet Dew.  Or a Dew Zero I suppose they are now. 

Whatever they are, they are good.  I could drink a six pack of the bottles every day. 

That's it for now, I am going to go give Ron his bath. 

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah I am sure Ron gets tons of personal calls at work. lol. The call was important it's not like you were talking just to talk. Besides all you do is stock vending machines it's not like you were talking on the phone and waiting on customers. Plus what is Ron going to do fire you? Lol he still thinks he is the boss and the big man that makes all the decisions. He is just a box breaker upper and does nothing to really contribute to the business. That is all you.

Anonymous said...

I don't believe you are giving Ron baths this often. Either you are making it up to try and look good or there is a reason he is now needing baths more often and we both know what that reason would be. So which is it?

Heather Knits said...

I gave him most of a bath today, he wouldn't let me wash his back. I will write more about it later.

You will have to guess about the baths.

I was helping customers and stocking at the time I had the phone call, but Ron was annoyed because I could not instantly reply to a question.

Anonymous said...

I thought washing hurt Ron with his nerve damage? Soaking in the tub would be better plus I doubt you are washing his balls and crack. I doubt you washed any of him.

Anonymous said...

Ron is the only reason there is a business. It is a program for blind vendors. Ron is the boss at work, like it or not.

Heather Knits said...

I agree he's the boss but the guy who paid his employees' dental bills (not mine) could show a little understanding.

Heather Knits said...

IT wasn't much fun with the nerve damage. LIke I said he did let me get most of him, though.

Heather Knits said...

Some inaccuracies in the post I deleted.

Yes, I know if Ron hurts himself drinking I will be blamed... that was made very clear to me.

Him trashing the house while I'm out at work - a concern.

The other thing, not ALL the time.

Heather Knits said...

I don't have a problem talking about the dementia but the other is an issue.

Hard to believe, but he didn't "need" a bath today, I just thought Sundays would be a good day for it.

As my Dad used to say "I will cross that bridge when I come to it".

Anonymous said...

How on earth would you be able to afford a walk in tub they are at least five thousand dollars or more.

Heather Knits said...

I saw a walk in on home depot website for less than $2K. If I am thrifty I may have that left after repairs. I wouldn't want one but would do it for him. But, he doesn't want one, so it doesn't matter.

Anonymous said...

There are organizations that will pay for environmental modifications to help an older or disabled person stay in their home. If you would just reach out for help, your life would be so much easier and Ron's life would be so much more safe/comfortable.