Wednesday, February 12, 2020

Ron wants to go to the doctor

Says he is having prostate issues.  I am encouraging it.  The visit, not the issues. 

While there I am going to encourage him to mention the memory issues.  They do bother him so it will be appropriate to mention without him feeling invaded. 

We will get it done.  When, I don't know. 

I wish the flooring guys would contact me so I can decide if I am using them or a contractor.  Carlos is doing the doors, we agreed to what I feel is a very fair rate to do the doors.  And, happily he can take the bathroom/hall door off and put it between bathroom/bedroom and save me $100.  It is a fine door just not needed for there.  Why throw it out and buy another?  I can't think of a reason.  It is undamaged. 

Carlos did find some small quality control issues with the way the house was built and I am not surprised.  The guys who built this house did not take pride in doing a good job.  That doesn't prohibit me living here, it is just sad that they did such shoddy work. 

It also upsets me we paid $300 for a home inspection and he did a TERRIBLE job.  Missed so much that would have been deal breakers.  Like the electrical box not being up to code, that was $800 to fix just a month or two later. 

But it's done and we live here.  The home buying process was so traumatic for me I would never want to do it again.  All the signing, for one.  And Ron couldn't sign so he put his hand on mine while I did it for him. 

I was having some doubts about the cream paint last night and this morning.  But I have lived happily with it for over a week and have already spent over $200 on it.  If I truly hate it I can always repaint later. 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

BUT if he does go to the doctor you will refuse to bring up the memory issues if ron doesn't want to mention it, right?

Heather Knits said...

I'm going to bring up the PLUMBERS.

Anonymous said...

The plumbers have nothing to do with his confusion, etc.

Heather Knits said...

I meant, mention his horrible behavior during the repipe and his delusion they were hurting him. This will probably end up as an MRI but maybe it is fixable. I am not very hopeful but you never know.

Anonymous said...

It is your duty and obligation as Ron's caretaker to tell the doctor all of Ron's ailments, physical and mental.

Anonymous said...

You have to mention the memory stuff and mental stuff... it isn’t his call, his brain doesn’t work. Yours does.

Anonymous said...

You should write down all of his symptoms as objectively as possible. Don't include what you think may be causing any of the symptoms. Just include facts.

For example
1 Severe pain that sometimes causes screaming
2 Memory problems including sometimes not knowing where he is, with increasing frequency over the last few months.
3 Falling more frequently
4 Decreasing ability to transfer, care for himself, do any physical task
5 Depression, he has said it has never been this bad before
6 Can be combative, verbally abusive
7 Drinks an average of x amount of vodka every day
etc.

Write down his full medical history with as many dates as you can and include that. Provide this information to his doctor and keep a copy somewhere safe. This will also help you when you work with organizations to set up services for him. It will ensure that nothing is forgotten during intake processing. His medical history and symptoms are complicated. It is not humanly possible to remember everything in a doctor's office.

Make sure you put a date on it and change the date whenever you update it. A current medication and supplement list is important as well.