Sunday, February 23, 2020

Sunday night

My curtains are on the way! 

I do need to buy the rods, which is still awesome. 

So: my day.  I went to the Chinese restaurant, got some takeout, eggrolls for Ron and a large house fried rice for me.  They gave me a huge, heavy, sack.  I will get several meals out of my fried rice.  I had my returns for Home Depot as well in a discreet bag, I hauled it all over to the store and returned it. 

I went and looked around.  I couldn't find anything like the shelf/towel bar combination I had over the toilet.  I don't want a big cabinet up there because I am realizing my bathroom felt very cluttered because I had a lot of crap, over door storage racks, etc.  It was overwhelming at times. 

Later on I did find some metal spray paint in... you guessed it satin nickel.  It was $7 I could afford that.  I am going to see if Carlos can take the current shelf down, spray it, and put it back.  I got a doormat for the cat door, they like to track in mud.  I looked at paint chips for the kitchen.  I am thinking navy and cream.  I taped up a couple of ideas on the cabinets, now I just need to do some research to see how easy will it be to do the cabinets painted.  I would have Carlos back for that, some months from now, to do it. 

I called a Uber and came home, put everything away.  I gave Ron a protein shake. 

Ron: chicken nuggets, corn dog, 2 protein shakes, and an eggroll today.  The shakes have vitamins in them.  I am happy. 

He loves all mocha protein shakes, every mocha flavor.  That is great for me to know, I just need to keep them in stock.  He likes the equate ones, 8 ounce.  That is a good size for him, not too big. 

I took a nap, woke up with a pretty bad headache.  I got one of my new hemp smokes and tried that, a "Stunna" in a red package.  It was about a third cost of what I paid for the first pack of hemp smokes.  It worked very well.  I am very happy and will absolutely buy them again. 

I called my parents at the appropriate time and she said she had bought and shipped the curtains, they will arrive tomorrow.  Good.  I really like that shade of purple. 

Now I just need to get the rods, but I can do that.  They haven't watched the house tour video yet but said they would when they hung up.  I did check the video, I have captioning up now and it got most of my conversation correct.  Nothing in there to upset them. 

Biscuit got up in my lap during the conversation and was very cuddly, but he did fart at one point.  I don't know what it is about a cat fart that makes them so evil but it was pretty ghastly.  Of course I have white cat hair all over my navy nightgown.  I find that pretty funny. 

Ron and I discussed trips for tomorrow and I assumed he had made them.  He did not.  So he has to call and spend a favor (he gets 5 a month) and beg for a ride tomorrow.  He is pretty frustrated with God right about now. 

Speaking of God, I am going to order some Bibles for my helpers.  I was looking online earlier. 

That's it for now. 

28 comments:

Anonymous said...

But.... you have like 5000 bibles in boxes why do you need to order new ones? Why can’t you give the workers some from that stash?

Heather Knits said...

Those are all in the storage unit and probably literally half of what they took away. I only got a dozen New Testaments, I didn't go crazy. :) I save that for paint colors. :P

Anonymous said...

Just more manic wastefulness. Do you know how to have patience and wait for anything? You could have waited a few more weeks until you got your stuff back from storage. And how do you have money for bibles when you are always saying how broke you are? You may not have a drinking problem but you do have a spending problem

Heather Knits said...

I have had a certain amount in my account, allocated for Bibles, for a long time. I have been waiting for the right time to spend it.

I plan to give 2 to the guys and then hand out all around to the movers/packers when my stuff comes back. If it is anything like the pack-out it is going to be very chaotic and impossible to track down a case of Spanish Bibles from my stash.

Anonymous said...

What!? Do you really have 5000 Bibles?

Anonymous said...

And you had to make someone else buy you curtains. If you and Ron didn’t have an alcohol/soda/spending habit you could have bought the curtains yourself.

Heather Knits said...

She said, "I want to buy you a chair" and I said "I could really use curtains". Curtains arrive today.

Heather Knits said...

Hundreds in storage, 12 on the way. All Bibles are going in the garage on the back wall. Other boxes will be sorted in the front yard, and some items going in the dumpster. It's going to be very busy so I would rather spend a little cash and have the giveaway Bibles on hand.

Anonymous said...

Yet again this is money you don’t actually need to spend.

Anonymous said...

The point is you keep asking people for money or to buy you things but you refuse to reign in your spending or your husband's spending

Heather Knits said...

I bet you both spend at least $20 on coffee every week, or makeup, both of which *I* consider a worthless purchase. But do I say anything? No.

You come here to read about me. I am writing about me. I see nothing in my blog header about inviting judgment on myself.

Anonymous said...

I am not asking people for money or to buy me stuff or crying about how broke I am. And no I don't spend money like that on makeup or coffee

Anonymous said...

Lmao. Since you bring it up, I spend $0 on coffee every week since it is provided by my employer. I buy drug store cosmetics. But I make a lot of money and worked hard to get here and I don’t have a go fund me set up asking for handouts while I spend my money elsewhere. that’s the point you are missing. You are asking for donations yet spending money on stuff you don’t need. When someone suggests a solution for problems you complain about that involves a purchase like a vacuum cleaner or whatever you’re all “I can’t afford it”

Heather Knits said...

I don't believe you guys on the makeup. I have never met a woman aside from myself who didn't spend $$ on makeup. Sometimes $$$ or even $$$$ on face creams, etc.

I am not asking for money. But I was told, MORE THAN ONCE I should put up things I would like, now and then, to give readers an opportunity now and then. Either that or do a tip jar. Or I could monetize and have annoying ads all over. I don't see a problem putting up a wish list every couple months. I don't even have it in the side bar.

So I won't feel bad about that.

I spent money Ron gave me, I didn't spend money needed for bills. I didn't spend restoration money.

Budget accommodating, I will get a shower curtain, two slip covers, $30 runner, and possibly a solid color quilt and call it done. If someone wants to buy one they can but I am not begging.

But maybe you only like me when Ron is throwing pixx bottles and keeping me up all night.

Anonymous said...

Lmao believe what you want about the makeup. You are the most narrow minded racist person I’ve ever come across so if it makes you feel better, then whatever. 🤗

You have a GOFUNDME for flood relief. Quite a bit different than your little amazon wish list.

Anonymous said...

Everyone has stuff they buy that other people don't understand. I admit to cringing sometimes about where your money goes, but it isn't my money. I have always assumed that you and Ron have a mortgage and one credit card that is rarely used. You seem to use cash mostly and it is very likely that you have less debt than most people.

ps. I don't wear makeup either. My only makeup purchase ever was a two dollar tube of lipstick I bought with my babysitting money in the sixth grade...in 1988.

Heather Knits said...

You assumed correctly, mortgage and one credit card. We use the card for dental, cat emergencies and the very rare business Uber like yesterday. And Ron just had me put $100 of his money on it.

I used to like Wet and Wild makeup when I was manic, as a teen. When I was an adult Ron found me sexy without makeup and I wasn't trying to impress anyone so I just stopped getting it pretty much. I have some mineral stuff I use but I only really wore makeup for the photo shoot for the blood bank back in 2011. It took me days to wash that stuff off.

I actually forgot to bring makeup to my wedding! My elderly great aunt let me have some of ehrs. LOL

Heather Knits said...

I am a racist? I am one of the biggest latino cheerleaders after my disaster. They are the only ones helped me out, cheerfully, and at a fair rate.

I had a Go Fund me which made $100 which I spent on a doctor visit and cat food, I believe. I have not promoted it here and took the link down on my own.

Now, if you want to buy something on my wish list I have that up but no pressure. If I get something I am going to talk about it, like the curtains, but that is it.

Anonymous said...

" When I was an adult Ron found me sexy without makeup..." the man is blind as in he cannot see so your wearing or not wearing makeup is not really an issue here.

Anonymous said...

misery loves company and some of your readers are trolls

Heather Knits said...

It is very liberating not to wear makeup. I didn't have a mirror for 2 months and only missed it with 1. Upper lip treatment and 2. Deodorant application. I save a lot of money, too.

And he does find me attractive without makeup.

Friend said...

How can he even TELL? If he can’t see?

Anonymous said...

"And he does find me attractive without makeup. " again the man is blind. He has no idea if you have on makeup or not or what you look like for that matter. Or what he looks like either (and it aint pretty).

Heather Knits said...

He, as he used to say, can see a spirit better than a body. I remember one time we were in a line. A beautiful "hottie" entered the building. All the men were riveted. She shoved through, giving me and elbow and Ron a shove (this was before the accident). Ron asked me who it was, I said "Some woman".

"What an ugly woman" he said. Everyone turned to look at him and then they looked at her, and I saw a man nod.

Anonymous said...

I wonder what peoples perceptions of rons spirit is considering you have been in a mentally and emotionally abusive relationship with this man since you were a teenager.

Heather Knits said...

He has not been good to me. He answers to God for that.

Anonymous said...

I haven’t forgotten you told us how he called you fat all the time and probably still does.

Heather Knits said...

He actually shut up about that about the time I started picking him off the floor. I don't think he cares about the weight so much as my strength. LOL