Saturday, February 1, 2020

Early Saturday

Well, I slept pretty well considering but had to do some cleaning when I got up.  Ron's in the tub, the washer is going, I formulated a bleach solution that works well.  My hands smell like bleach but other than that I am OK.

Ron had a suggestion to flip the mattress, I like it, and the bottom side looks nice and fresh.  I ordered a mattress cover and will flip the mattress and then install it all at the same time.  Fresh "new" mattress and a water proof cover.  It's a win.

I have tried to do mattress covers in the past and Ron has always fought me on them, but now understands.  The other side of the mattress looks so good I may not need to buy him a new one for a while.  It is a really good mattress.

I got Ron in the tub safely and he is bathing on his own, he doesn't need me to scrub him.  I did remind him, and will continue to, wash his hair.  He actually told me I could leave him right now, in the tub, and go run errands.

That would be an utter disaster and I can only imagine how that would play with law enforcement when I found him on the floor at my return.  "But he said it was OK!"

I used the bleach thing on my washer - where you pour the bleach and then it adds to the load at the proper time.  Normally I don't put bleach in the wash but I felt it was warranted this time.  And 2 rinses.

Our hot water heater was up to the job: run the washer and the tub at the same time.  Ron is exclaiming because nice hot water comes out of the faucet on demand, not like most of the places we lived where you got a measly little trickle of tepid water for 5 minutes.  It's been a very good water heater and I am very sorry I implied it was my leaker back in December.

It was the hot water line, though.  Both times.

Torbie was mad I evicted her from Ron's bed but it had to happen.

I need to make a deposit and then run to Home Depot to get more paint samples.  My aunt and uncle will help me get the 9 gallons but I don't think they want to do 2 trips, one to get samples and then another one for the final paint.

I am a little manic but not horribly so.  It is interesting, once I get Ron in the tub he has a good relaxing time.  It is just getting him in the tub, and we did that well today.  I just need to get him out again.

I found it very endearing he made a very diligent effort to clean up in the middle of the night, he filled up a whole trash can with bath wipes.

No headache today so that's good.  I am excited the work will be done in about a week.  I did discuss a hotel with Ron, "You didn't like the noise last time, do you want to stay at a hotel?"  and then I gave him a choice of a couple locations.  He will think about it.  And then, if we need, we can go stay at one when they're doing the work.  They will be cutting a lot of drywall if nothing else and then paint I am sure they will need us out of there.  Although I am going to use latex.

We will definitely need the cats out of the house that week so no one gets walled up.  Like the Cask of Amontillado.  "Meow"!

I am trying to cover all the bases.  I also need to do the accounting report, that was a big load on Ron and I told him I would do it now if he was OK.  He almost cried.  So I will do that this weekend as well.  But today is going to be bank and  Home Depot.

I hope I can find a cream I like.

Edit to add, got him out of the tub, wasn't easy, he says only bed baths now.  He refuses showers, says they hurt.  He got very drunk (not my idea) and is now babbling nonsense in his wheelchair, which I put over next to his bed.  I am not taking all day to tend him because he CHOSE to get wasted. 

I have tried to explain a nursing home will not allow that behavior, only a very rich man can afford to hire people who will tend him 24/7 and accommodate his drinking.  No one in real life is going to do that and my patience is wearing out.  I will have yet another discussion with him on this when he "wakes up". 

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

You don't need 9gallons of paint for that small house

Heather Knits said...

3 gallons primer, one gallon trim, 5 gallons wall paint.

Anonymous said...

I just did my ceilings, small house, and I used 8 gallons of white paint. You will need all you have bought, and should have a quart or two left over for scratches.

Anonymous said...

You may need more than 5 gallons, be sure to get the number off the container.

Heather Knits said...

Well, my actual plan is 1 gallon orange for computer room, one gallon lavender for bathroom, 5 gallons for my bedroom, hall, and front room; one gallon trim and 3 primer. So a lot.

I will absolutely save the empties. I had to get a quart of the cream today because they couldn't tint a cup to that shade, so I'll have that as well. The bathroom is about 60 square feet so the gallon will absolutely hold it.

The paint guy told me the drywall will soak up paint unless I get the special drywall paint, so I will of course listen. I am glad I do have a budget for this.

But, once it's done, I'm good for 20 years.

Anonymous said...

I know you are mentally ill but do you have to choose paint colors that reflect your mental illness?

Anonymous said...

Home Depot delivers

Heather Knits said...

Cream is a sign of mental illness? Light blue for Ron's room? Lilac for the bathroom?

I can see why someone might not like the orange in the computer room but it is my property. Ron doesn't care.

I will put up samples tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

Orange is a terrible color

Heather Knits said...

Says you.

Anonymous said...

Literally no one paints their walls in these colors. Maybe in the 80s

Heather Knits said...

Is it my house? Last I saw my name is on all the paperwork. Ron does not care. It is one room I do not use often... I was even thinking about doing the main wall with it as an accent in the front room.

But I am glad your life is such that this is the sort of thing that upsets you, that everything on the love, money, family fronts are all going so well you can get agitated about what color I am painting a 64 square foot room, likely thousands of miles away. :)

Anonymous said...

Seriously get back on your meds and then pick the paint colors

Anonymous said...

Did I say I was agitated or upset? You are though Lmao