Thursday, February 27, 2020

Thursday morning

I was really happy back in December when I had a dumpster and a mania at the same time.  I cleaned out my stash of canned foods, many of which I had bought when manic and were expired.  So I basically had very little canned food. 

The corona mess has me thinking it might be a good idea to get some canned food at my long term storage food is in storage.  It is safe to say Walmart grocery delivery will go pretty quick if things get bad.  So will Uber and paratransit, and I will be left with no way to get food.  SO a good idea to get a week or so. 

I ordered it last night along with the usual groceries.  I also ordered a 22 pound bag of Iams. 

I need to divert for a minute.  Biscuit loves the Iams but it is not a urinary formula.  They HAVE one, though.  So I bought a small bag of Urinary formula Iams I can leave that out in addition to his prescription. 

The cats have lost some weight because Ron isn't treating them so much.  I would like to keep that up. 

So, I got people food and cat food ordered.  Happy about that. 

Did not sleep well last night, Ron choked on something and woke me up.  He sounded awful but it is a stroke thing, years ago he failed his "swallow test" and I was told I would have to feed him baby food the rest of his life.  Ron said "Hell, no" to that.  Normally he is OK but sometimes he gets a coughing attack. 

I got up and gave him some water, that worked.  Then this morning he yelled at me for giving him water and I told him to f-off.  If he wanted to drink the water he already had he should have done it. 

I took a shower, it is very sunny out but cooler.  My foot was a little unhappy with all that hiking around to the gas station the other day so I am trying to rest it and stay home. 

I had a headache and tried some Excedrin, and then a smoke.  It helped somewhat. 

I decided, I had some energy, I also had food coming.  I needed a place to put it: and that is my big problem with the house, I need a place to put it the second it comes in the house.  I don't always do that. 

So I decided to attack my big cabinet in the kitchen.  It can store a lot and for some God-awful reason I bought a lot of pots and pans when I got manic, for a while there.  I also had some really old cake mix, etc.  I went through and kept a sauce pan, 2 a small pot, a medium pot, rice pot, one Crock-pot, and my big skillet.  Everything else (3 armloads) went out to the curb and my trusty hoarders took it all away.  They are better than the trash company.  I threw away the cake mix. 

Then Ron went in the kitchen and did some drinking, he got pretty ugly and I finally asked him why he was alive.  What?!  I said, you are so miserable all the time, why don't you kill yourself?  What is your reason for living?  He couldn't answer. 

I took out some trash, when I came back he was talking to Baby Girl, so I would guess she is it.  My groceries came. 

I told them it was OK to substitute, just in case they had a run on the canned foods like they do around hurricanes.  I got the tuna and some of the canned food.  The 80 cent can of chicken alfredo I plan to try on Ron.  Some of my other items were out of stock so they sent me EIGHT Beefaroni and a couple Spaghetti and Meatballs.  I am not crazy about Chef Boyardee meatballs but I will be if I'm hungry enough, and I would rather have calories, fat, and protein in my pantry.  I took Ron back to his room and put it all away.  I had plenty of room, and plenty of room left. 

Ron was happy to hear I got more breakfast bowls and we have plenty in the freezer for now.  I will probably have a couple burritos and a glass of milk for dinner. 

Ron is quiet in his room, I still have my headache so I think I will try another smoke and then lie down for a while. 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

You don’t have a stove so why keep the pots? How will you cook during the corona virus lockdown?

Anonymous said...

"The corona mess has me thinking it might be a good idea to get some canned food at my long term storage food is in storage. "

Oh for pete's sake you can't wait another 2 weeks for your crap to be brought back to you? Give me a break. I really think you are getting off on saying these things to get a rise out of people.

Anonymous said...

I have no problem with your asking ron that. It is a valid question since he is always moaning about wanting to die.

Heather Knits said...

It's looking longer than 2 weeks to get my stuff back. I have to wait for my flooring to be delivered, Carlos to be available, do install, call company to get my stuff back and arrange an appointment.

I have a stove I had to take the knobs off Ron kept bumping them and turning it on. The microwave gets most of the use, we put that on a counter so Ron can access. But the stove knobs are in a drawer in the kitchen.

Anonymous said...

Kudos to you for getting rid of a bunch of stuff you did not need and now you can utilize the pantry for food and items you are using.

Anonymous said...

There is no reason to have the microwave on the counter anymore for Ron to access it because you are the one that cooks and brings him all his food. When was the last time he used the microwave to make himself something to eat? Just some food for thought that maybe there is a better place for it now so you have some actual counter space.

Heather Knits said...

Ron just used the microwave the other day so better to keep it on the counter. I don't mind preparing food for him because he is generally respectful and appreciative. Around food, at least. :p