Saturday, February 8, 2020

So they had a party last night

Not too bad as those things go... but it kept me up past 11 when I really wanted to go to bed early.  But he has a right to do his thing as long as he is respectful. 

One of the cars blocked my driveway, even though there was room to park in front of my house.  I thought about taking one of Ron's urinals and hucking it over the fence, or pouring it on the car, but I would get in trouble legally if I did that and frankly not worth it. 

It would have been funny, though, because they only have 2 bathrooms.  This morning Ron showed me a huge collection of full urinal bottles, I had forgotten about them and he had been accumulating.  I dumped them all out, rinsed out, soaking in bleach and then I will give them back. 

We both commented at least his kidneys are working right.  He had quite the offering for me.  I might have done something with them had I known I had so much to work with! 

Just kidding, but I considered it. 

I am not sure why they had the party it is no one's birthday, I know when they happen.  But there was a fight on TV last night so maybe the men watched that on the big screen.  He has a huge playroom out back with a big screen, etc.

Like us, he seems determined to stay until he's dead.  That's his right, and don't get me wrong, we could have LOTS worse, like bad dogs chewing up my siding and barking constantly, etc.  Proportionally they do not have a lot of parties vs. their quiet nights, it is mildly frustrating when I want to go to bed early.  BUT I will be making a tremendous amount of noise (Carlos and his gang) next week so I will get my payback. 

And I had cause for hope.  They had some children visiting and I believe one of them did this: but I heard a sweet little girl voice exclaiming in glee over "the cat", sweet talking it, calling it to come over for petting, meowing at it, etc.  She was genuinely thrilled to see the cat, whoever it was.  It gave me hope there are decent children out there who do not abuse animals.  My cats as masochists who like to go out during parties next door so maybe one said hello.  She seemed like a nice little girl. 

See, I don't hate ALL kids. 

They wrapped it up at a decent hour and I went to sleep.  I slept pretty well.  I woke up in the night with a crippling need to pee, one of those times even standing up is painful.  I didn't think about that when I was thirsty earlier. 

It is nice to know I am on the road to getting my house fixed up.  The insurance check finally cleared, they gave me some of it (access to the money) but held most of it back until it cleared.  I totally understood that, the bank had no idea that check was good and the company would pay.  They don't want to give me that kind of rope and it doesn't clear. 

But it is in there, now.  I have a good bank, a good insurance company, etc.  I am very pleased with how everyone has helped me except ARS who told me I did NOT have a leak and turned the water back on.  Roto rooter found it in 5 minutes, and, at the end of it, Roto Rooter is going to get over $20K out of me.  Cleanup was about $16K and then the re pipe was almost 8 thousand.  AND I gave them an excellent review online. 

I remember thinking, at the start of this, a lot of people are going to get rich off of me.  And I was right.  The really amazing thing to me was the fact that the water bill was not higher. 

I got the urinals done, all 8 of them (!) and they are back under Ron's bed.  I think he would be OK for a couple days if I got really sick. 

Spotty is still really sniffly but yelling for breakfast this morning, he had soup with probiotics and dry food.  Biscuit actually ate his own food. 

I put a big stainless bowl of water down for the cats after I broke the water fountain, they liked it.  Cleo likes it more than the fountain so I will have both out for them.  I think I am just going to change out the fountain every several months.  It's not even $20.  It is more important to make sure they are enjoying really fresh water. 

I will of course have to move both next week, drywall dust is going to get into everything.  Ron says he wants to stay home for now and not use the hotel "I did fine during the dehumidifier".  I did remind him of his behavior during the re pipe and he was horrified, he didn't remember that.  But for now I think he is OK to "try" it.  Worst case I am going to put that hotel into my phone book and we can take a Uber. 

Today I am going to take a shower, get dressed, go to Home Depot, go to Walmart, pay the electric bill and get some snacks for the guys.  Take a Uber home.  There are always a ton of Ubers around the Walmart, unlike the Yellow cabs which keep me waiting extended periods of time. 

And I really want to be a Yellow Cab fan, I feel like I have a relationship with them but leaving me two and a half hours with a cab driving by every now and then, rejecting the trip after it saw me and then driving off, calling and nothing, having them call me "Do you still want this trip?" etc... nothing.  I finally had to bite the bullet, call Chuck and offer him $40 (twice what I would have paid with the cab) to take me home.  And then wait another hour on Chuck.  Not again. 

The longest I have ever waited on a uber is 5 minutes.  The vehicles are always spotless (one belonged to a smoker, that's the worst I could say), the drivers nice and professional.  They don't act like they are doing me a favor, just the opposite.  It is a much better experience. 

Now I am the type of person who likes to carry cash and never use a debit card so it has been an adjustment having to keep money in the account for that and all.  But I'm willing to do it. 

I checked out the vanity box and it comes with hoses, so I can return the hoses I bought the other day.  They really thought of everything with this vanity.  Let me put up a link. 

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Glacier-Bay-37-in-W-x-36-in-H-x-19-in-D-Bathroom-Vanity-in-White-with-Cultured-Marble-Vanity-Top-in-White-with-White-Sink-GB36P2-WH/204065976

It's going to look nice with the lavender. 

I do have an issue, and welcome opinions on this.  I will have the white vanity, lavender walls and white trim.  Then I have a brown fake wood medicine cabinet built into the wall.  Nothing wrong with it but it is going to stick out. 

SO do I paint it white, or purple?  Or leave it alone for some unknown reason?  It works so no need to replace it.   Chalk paint in white is also available, I have no opinions on that.  It does need (the finish) to hold up to being opened and closed a lot, that's my only criteria. 

But I think one brown thing in the middle of the white is just not going to work. 

I took my shower, fed Ron, put some juice in his fridge, fed the cats, got dressed, and ready to head out the door. 

I checked the backyard, I only have one other chair and it is in use right now, so I will wait on getting another chair for out front for now.  It's a shame, though. 

23 comments:

Anonymous said...

Paint it white like the trim.

Anonymous said...

Why didn't you get a bathroom sink Ron can use in his wheelchair? He has no sink access in the whole house to wash his hands, brush his teeth, etc from his wheelchair. You can add storage somewhere else in the house if needed.

As for the eight used urinals under his bed, I don't understand how you didn't find them a few days ago when you were trying to find the source of an odor in his room. It's unsanitary and should not happen.

Heather Knits said...

He could use our former sink, he just didn't.

I am not perfect and he hides the urinals under the edge of the bed, then puts the vodka in front of them. I don't mess with the vodka so I wouldn't have moved it to look. I know now.

Ghost of Mama Cat said...

Why does he need EIGHT at any given time?

Anonymous said...

Why does he need to hoard urinals and why is he not able to empty them into the toilet and rinse and clean them himself? In the pharmacy section of walmart they have a urinal bottle with a spill proof lid here:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Equate-Male-Urinal-Urine-Bottle-with-Spill-Proof-Lid-32-fl-oz/14179134

Only $5.82 each. This is what he should be using and not juice bottles or whatever he is using at the moment. There is absolutely no reason he needs to store so much urine in his room and leads further to the diagnosis of dementia that he has.

Anonymous said...

That sink according to the ADA is NOT wheelchair accessible and I truly doubt that Ron ever washes his hands. Ever.

Choosing A Wheelchair Accessible Bathroom Sink

As we become more aware of access issues in our buildings and communities, it's important to consider every detail of accessibility. In this article, we'll focus on bathroom washbasins—specifically on wheelchair sinks that meet or exceed ADA requirements, and how they can make both public and private restrooms safer, more comfortable, and more accessible to many individuals.
What Are Wheelchair Accessible Sinks?

Wheelchair accessible sinks are bathroom washbasins that have been designed to accommodate users with disabilities or limited mobility. In their most basic form, they meet minimum standards of height, clearance, and depth as prescribed by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) in order to make them more accessible to wheelchair users. Many newer designs, however, go beyond these requirements to make bathroom sinks safer and more comfortable for users and their caregivers. Some such designs include height adjustability for multiple users, safety rails for weakened users, and easy-to-clean surfaces, among other features.

Anonymous said...

You should check out the patientsafetyusa.com website. They have all kinds of stuff that would be perfect for Ron to help him have an easier time at home.

They have adult changing tables, grab bars, shower chairs, toilet seats and more.

https://www.patientsafetyusa.com/store/products/adult-changing-tables

Anonymous said...

"He could use our former sink, he just didn't. " How did he wash his hands after going number 2?

Heather Knits said...

He used a wet wipe. The new vanity is very similar to the old one which did work for him. It is the identical same size and dimensions. Just different coloring, basically.

He always says he "can" do the urinals on his own, but he doesn't and I end up doing them instead, as he feels horrible about it. It is not a bed pan. Which we have done, actually, in the past. We both prefer a good screw on lid in case it gets knocked over.

Anonymous said...

A wet wipe is NOT a substitute for soap and water. Never has been and never will be.


I doubt he feels so horrible about the urinals for the simple fact that he has NEVER emptied any of them. EVER. Plus it is only recently that the vodka was moved into his bedroom so your excuse about the vodka being in front of them is complete BS.

Not to mention that would make it extremely hard for him to get to the bottles when he needs them which explains his urinating on the floor. The lid on the proper urinal is spill proof.

Your second argument about the screw caps is also BS because he sometimes does not screw the caps on the bottles and they spill ALL over his floor so again you are dealing with a man who spends 90% of his awake hours completely wasted and ALL of your rational comments do not apply to him. If you were dealing with a normal and reasonable person (which ron is not) then sure these things you say would make perfect sense. I really don't know why you cling to an alternate form of reality when the facts and truth are presented to you on a daily basis, by readers on this blog and the actions of ron himself.

Heather Knits said...

Ron and I have never encountered a spill proof urinal. Things are bad enough with the juice bottles.

He shoves them way under the bed and it is not immediately apparent if I have a lineup of bottles.

He has always been good (even drunk) about screwing on the cap. He had a problem lining manhood up to bottle opening. Sometimes he had it resting on the outside when he emptied his bladder. The urine would run down the bottle onto the floor, then he would put the cap on and put it away. Very frustrating for me. That was the primary issue. Not him spilling it but not getting it in there to begin with.

Anonymous said...

Very interesting that a man who can barely get in and out of bed can manage to shove them so far under the bed. I am able bodied and it is taxing to have to do anything involving putting or getting something out from under my bed. Wth? I call BS. You are worse than Elizabeth Warren

Heather Knits said...

I let the last one stand... yes it is abusive but it is illustrative of what I get.

He has one good arm? He uses that? The bed is also a little higher than normal due to having the metal frame with the mattress on top - makes more room for storage. No box spring, just the mattress on a platform.

At any rate tomorrow's plan involves a bed bath, flipping the bed and remaking it with the new mattress pads and a chux I got at Walmart of all places.

I suppose they wanted me to make a video of him putting the bottle away. Probably one of him using it as well.

Anonymous said...

I have read numerous comments from you about him spilling his urinals when drunk or not putting the cap on them

Heather Knits said...

Pretty sure all the "spills" where him not hitting the target.

Anonymous said...

I don't see any abusive comments just statements of fact which you cannot face.

Anonymous said...

Not true he has spilled urinals while drunk.

Anonymous said...

I guess you have to have short term memory when it comes to Ron.

Anonymous said...

That comment wasn't abusive. That comment raised a very good point. It is difficult to get stuff under a bed, and it is probably extra difficult for Ron. And dangerous. He shouldn't feel any need to hide urinals. You know he can't empty and clean them.

You are his only caregiver, and you are trying to keep it that way. You need to change out and clean those urinals. You scoop the litter boxes every day. Do the urinals at the same time.

Or get him some help so he doesn't have to live this way.

Anonymous said...

Did you ever think that your neighbor hates hearing Ron scream and yell verbal abuse? His drunken rages happen far more often than their ocassional parties.

Anonymous said...

if you can put down cat food every day, why can't you flush a urinal every day?
It's disgusting. You care more about the cats than your environment and for the sake of the cats, do they have to smell fermenting pee every day?
No reason you can't dump a urinal when you go into Ron's room to bring him food.

Anonymous said...

All this hoopla about #6 is making me wonder how much of the Ron verbal abuse stories are true now. I hate saying that.

Heather Knits said...

You want me to make a video? I don't think I can due to profanity. He drops a lot of banned words and no way Youtube is going to let me put that up. Let me see what I have, I may have an old one.