Saturday, February 22, 2020

I need to figure out what I'm doing this weekend.

I need to go to Stripes, of all places, and fax my jury duty form.  They didn't have a fax machine at work. 

I need to go to Home Depot, return some things, get some others. 

I need to go to Walmart and get some hangers. 

I need to move, what paint is left, to the garage.  Carlos & friend annihilated 4.5 gallons of cream paint, most of a gallon each of: orange, lilac, and aqua seawind.  3 gallons of primer (most of it) and a gallon of trim paint.  I think we can agree it looks good. 

But I need ceiling paint and more trim paint.  Maybe Home Depot has hangers so I can skip Walmart. 

I also need to go to the head shop and get more hemp stix. 

It was sure nice putting the clothes away in my closet (the ones I could hang) this morning, nice and clean from the washer/dryer.  I don't take that for granted, running water, all of it. 

I hope I am a more grateful, appreciative person out of this. 

I admit I did not have much respect for people who come here from Mexico mainly due to bad neighbors I have had, including #6.  There, I admitted it.  No one died. 

But everyone but the plumber (and even his assistant one day) have been latino.  Most of them only spoke Spanish, but they were all extremely kind, very hard workers, skilled at their jobs, and nice people.  The guys were very nice about the cats, all of the guys. 

I have to see that.  I have to see they are really the only ones helped me (except my Dad and aunt).  Ron even called a friend who does home repair for a hobby, literally begging the guy to please come out and help - the man is unemployed - Ron offered to buy him a plane ticket... crickets.  That guy was white. 

But Carlos came out in 2 hours after I submitted a request for a bid and had the bid to me in 12 hours, was there early nearly every day.  He quoted me HALF what the other guys did which means I can actually have enough money to finish the job. 

Ron's room isn't going anywhere and we can always get it done later.  The cats like the holes in the wall as you can see. 

I am getting it done.  Now I have to go feed Ron a breakfast bowl.  I never mind him eating one because they are loaded with protein and healthy fats. 

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

You said in another post you bought 5 galloons of ceiling paint so not sure why you need more. According to your latest calculations you are out of money and can't afford more paint or a dumpster. Too bad you just can't be honest and how will you afford to get tons room drywalled now. We know you won't get him to pay for it

Anonymous said...

So you will be leaving Ron alone while you go shop? Noted.

Hangers will be more expensive at Home Depot.

Heather Knits said...

I leave him when I run errands and he is generally OK.

I am willing to pay more for hangers if it means not paying for a ride to Walmart and dealing with the weekend shoppers. Home Depot will be bad enough.

I never bought 5 gallons of ceiling paint. I needed 5 gallons of paint for walls per Carlos which I got in the cream color. One gallon each: orange, aqua, lavender, trim paint. 3 gallons drywall paint.

I need more trim paint and some ceiling paint. He will come back and do it but I am thinking to try it now on my own, I did a terrible job rolling the walls years ago.

Anonymous said...

Why can’t you let Carlos do it? Doing it yourself will be a disaster.

Anonymous said...

That is all you need a slip on the ladder...let people do it who are used to it. Besides, you do not need ceiling paint on your newly painted walls. Skip the amenities and just get the main job done for now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

So why would you say you had 11,000 if you got a check for more. Your story just is not plausible or true. But whatever at this point I don't think you would know the truth anyway.

Heather Knits said...

It must have been what I thought I had in the budget and I was wrong.

Anonymous said...

so wait, Carlos did not paint the ceiling OR trim?

Heather Knits said...

He told me he wasn't finished, and would be back, but the line on the ceiling is driving me nuts so I may attempt to just slap some ceiling paint up there for now. He can always fix it. He did all the trim but I noticed they didn't have any more trim paint and still baseboard in the garage, waiting, at my request, until they do the floors.

He is not hosing me.

Anonymous said...

I thought your bedroom wasn't finished. If you already paid hom I doubt he will be back

Heather Knits said...

Drywall and paint are done, Ron's room hasn't had drywall done yet but everything else is pristine. Paint is glorious.

He is doing my floors and will be back for that.

Anonymous said...

Omg don’t touch it! Let a professional do it. He will be low key annoyed. When does he come back?

Anonymous said...

After seeing your last paint job please don't do it yourself!

Heather Knits said...

He was teasing me about my paint job.

To my knowledge he comes back when the flooring arrives. I have his number and texted him I had ordered it, approximate arrival time, and that it was coming to the house.

Anonymous said...

Does Carlos know what he is doing? I have painted many apartments and my entire house. Ceilings before walls. If you paint the walls first, they will get splashed or dripped by ceiling paint no matter how careful you are.

Don't put any paint up there yourself. It will leave lines where you painted when Carlos paints the ceilings.

Anonymous said...

You said Carlos couldn't do the vinyl flooring. Now he can. Which is the truth? Vinyl flooring can be tricky without prior planning

Heather Knits said...

He said he didn't do flooring, but could get me a guy. I explained I was doing vinyl planks when he said that, and he lit up. He thought I meant more tile, which he apparently detests laying. LOL He has done laminate so it shouldn't be much different. If a DIY can do it I am sure a trades guy can. I also plan to send him some links to videos.