Thursday, February 27, 2020

That wasn't a good nap

Yesterday I ate some fried rice from the Chinese restaurant.  Today I have been battling a nasty headache.  I took a survey once and most of what I get would be considered migraines but this one was more in the pain at a 6 on a 1-10 so "bad" headache but could do things. 

Anyway I took some Excedrin and smoked some hemp, it faded off a bit.  I took a nap and woke up with it doubled.  It took me about an hour to get up, it was that bad.  More Excedrin and hemp. 

That is one thing I would want if we did have a pandemic, Excedrin, and I have plenty.  I was happy, speaking of Pandemics, to find my bottle of oregano oil capsules.  I am a huge believer in them and they have served me well. 

I have most of a bottle so that should see me through. 

I finally got up and felt like crap.  The hemp helped some but not tremendously.  I may get some more when I finish here. 

And yes I am aware smoking anything is going to limit my immunity. 

I fed Ron, he wanted egg rolls and protein shake so that's what he got.  Oh, that would make me sick.  But he loves his shake.  These.  I am just happy I am getting some nutrition into him, and when I feel bad about his diet I remind myself they make these shakes because many seniors/disabled are not getting/wanting good nutrition.  I could make him a huge salad and he might eat it.  But the shake is a sure bet, he says they are "like candy" and loves them.  He calls them "chocolate" shakes.  They are mocha, but he's drinking at least one a day, happily, so I'm not complaining.  It only matters that he consumes it. 

He was so happy he said he wanted to do something for me.  I reminded him my love language is quality time.  He decided he would take me to Walmart.  I said that was fine, we could take a Uber home.  He liked that.  He hates waiting forever on a ride and we have Ubers everywhere in Houston. 

I can pick up a few more things, more snakes for him, for instance.  [edit: SHAKES] I have plenty of "my" shakes, a vanilla shake with 30 grams of protein in a slightly bigger package.  I think 14 is plenty.  They are good for me because I can take my mood stabilizers with the shake and a small snack and they settle well.

For instance, I forgot I need more straws for Ron. 

Anyway, that ought to be interesting after work tomorrow. 

I checked the bottle of lye outside and I have half a bottle, so I very carefully poured it down the bathroom drain.  That is working right now and then I will flush it.  So I am out of the lye now.  Next up is the bleach and the toilet bowl cleaner.  I'm not worried about the water I think it is fine. 

We do our inventory run tomorrow.  That shouldn't take too long.  Then stocking but I don't think it's been very busy.  Later on, Walmart. 

I am just hoping to eliminate this headache. 


No comments: