Monday, February 24, 2020

Today was pretty funny

I didn't sleep well last night, Ron woke me up a couple times eating crackers which made me glad I had got them.  He wanted juice but it didn't sit well. 

We both decided it was better if he stayed home, close to the toilet.  He had made a mistake making his trips last night so we didn't have a ride anyway. 

I took a Uber to work, did it all, went to the bank, did that, came home, Ron was fine by now.  He gave me some money so I decided to go to Walmart.  I had a pretty serious headache so I smoked a hemp thing which helped.  I am glad I did try them. 

Tomorrow ideally I will go get a couple more packs.  They are a lot cheaper than a prescription. 

Once I felt better another Uber and off to Walmart, made a deposit (now I can buy 2 posters!), and did a little shopping at Walmart.  I didn't get much, but I did get various poster adhesives.  One will stick if you'll pardon a bad pun. 

I stopped by McDonald's on my way out.  I ordered my usual double cheeseburger just ketchup, 2 of them, and 2 plain double hamburgers for Cleo. 

They gave me the order and I checked it.  They gave me two double cheeseburgers for Cleo.  You cannot remove that cheese from the patty, it's impossible, we have been through this at home with a VERY frustrated little girl at my feet squeaking for her burger. 

So I pitched a minor fit saying I needed two PLAIN double hamburgers.  I said, give me four patties with no bread and I'm happy.  I'm sorry to be a diva but it's for my cat and she hates cheese. 

WHAT?  Yeah, and then I got out the phone and then showed them a photo.  They went back and did it again.  I checked, it was fine, I thanked them and left. 

I hated to play customer from hell but Cleo can't eat cheese - won't - detests it.  I called a Uber, went home, put my stuff away. 

I had gotten Ron a ton of the equate mocha nutritional shakes as he loves them, says they taste "like candy" and will slurp up a couple a day if I provide them.  Good, I will buy as many as he will drink. 

So I got those done, gave Ron a cheeseburger, and went in search of Cleo.  I found her outside.  I called her and she came over, but didn't want to go inside.  I broke off bits of the hamburger and put them on a cinder block.  When she realized what I had done she leapt up on the block and began gobbling.  She was very happy and made a point of rubbing against me several times, afterward.  I went back in the house and put the three and a half patties into four separate bags, one in the fridge, the rest in the freezer.  Now we are set on burgers for a couple of weeks. 

I am really happy I did that. 

Once I had everything settled I took a nap, slept pretty well for a couple of hours, woke up to Cleo in the bed with me.  I heart that cat so much.  She is such a little survivor. 

We got up and the Amazon delivery came.  Not all of it.  Did Amazon screw up?  Did Mom?  I looked on my list and it said "Someone may have bought this for you" so I decided to wait a day before ordering the "missing" item, which was $40.  I didn't want to have to buy it if I didn't need it. 

I decided to treat myself to 2 posters (I had already bought the curtain rods which pretty much totaled what Ron had given me), and did that.  I got the green forest with the stream and the fall forest.  Shipping was pretty steep, $20, which explains how the poster price is so low.  But I had a coupon so both posters came to about $50.  I can live with that.  I will not be buying many. 

The doorbell rang.  Ron shouted "Go Away!".  I opened it and found the last curtain item, the most expensive one.  Good.  Now I have all the curtains.  The hardware should come in a couple of days. 

So, that's done.  I have plenty of food and I bought some snack items at Walmart today.  And Ron just asked for another shake, which I was happy to give him.  He likes pretty much any nutritional shake in the mocha flavor.  He drinks it with a straw.  I will be really happy if I can get a couple into him every day. 

He likes the Equate brand best, the 8 ounce.  I got 18 of them today! 

Lumber Liquidators called me today, it was a local number.  I picked it up, the voice couldn't pronounce my last name.  It is not difficult.  But he told me all the order was ready except for the trim and did I want to wait on delivery until the trim arrived?  I said yes I would wait.  No sense having the guys out for part of the job.  He said the next truck came in a couple of days so it sounds more like I will be getting my order in a week vs. 2 to 3 like I thought. 

I also found out I had bad math.  I thought my last check to Carlos was $2,800 but it is $2,300 and change.  That is not counting the deposit check which already cleared.  So that makes a dramatic adjustment to the budget.  I am not spending it until the check clears.  After that clears I have my last payment to Carlos after flooring is done and then I can hire the dumpster and set up the return of my stuff.  So that's good.  But it makes me glad I am getting my curtains and hardware now so the guys can install them when they're out.  I will offer them extra money but I doubt they will want any.  It will look so nice once it's set up. 

I will definitely have enough to hire the dumpster, very happy about that. 

Bibles and most bookcases will go out in the garage.  Most of the clothes are the wrong size and going away.  Those two will clear up quite a bit in my house, and then just getting rid of useless crap that is not disaster or immediate use related. 

I was touched Baby Girl came and yelled at me for treats just now.  I of course provided them, and Torbie showed up so I got her too.  BG is more Ron's cat but she realizes I am "staff". 

I wonder how many stars the cat would give me, on Google. 

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just a few posts ago you were complaining about not having money and today you drop $50 on posters. You could have gone to Lowe's or hobby Lobby or Michael's and found framed nature posters for a lot cheaper. They always have 40% off coupons. You do have a spending and budgeting problem and are all over the place lately with money and your budget. You don't even know how much you paid Carlos or how much more you owe him. You are manic and neef to stop. I know you won't listen but you are.

Anonymous said...

you should be saving right now to be prepared when the business is gone, which may be soon.

Heather Knits said...

And we may all get Cornona virus and die. I have a small savings, more than some, less than I would like. Ron also has his disability check ongoing.

Anonymous said...

"Ron also has his disability check ongoing." Ron spends most if not all of his money on vodka so you cannot count on Ron or his disability check. Something is not right with you. It is as if something has gone haywire and the more people are trying to tell you that you are not acting like yourself and not acting right the more you are out to keep proving them right with this unhinged spending spree.

Anonymous said...

Couldn’t agree more

Friendly McFriend said...

Omg these folks are sadistic who take the time to comment and get angry.

You have been through a lot and I hope you can get your “time out” to fill your own bucket. I also know that part of your filling your bucket is rebuilding your nest and I can not wait to see it finished.

You are not on a “spending spree “ as others claim ..I think some folks just like to be cruel .
I do not think two posters for freshly painted walls is anything but well deserved ..but I do think you should frame them? Or are they already framed?

This will be so worth it in the end . Once you have your dumpster purge , when I did that it was ORGASMIC!!!!! lol it was so fun I had to stop myself from throwing things we needed away. You have to start getting things you want to toss out of Rons room now can you take 1-2 things out a day with out him pitching a fit?
I am so excited to see your new digs once you are done and please enjoy spending money. You are not out of control and you are doing better than I could under similar circumstances.

Heather Knits said...

I took out 2 big things today, he won't miss. I got laminated posters that seemed easier to hang and protect the image. I also have kids kicking things into the one wall regularly so it shouldn't be able to fall easily.

I have a personal budget and a remodel budget. I am very careful with the latter and spending personal on things like the curtain rods, decorator touches. I have about $1,500 left not counting Carlos' last payment so should have JUST enough to get everything including the pillows, slip covers, etc.

I DON'T want to purge a bunch of crap and then bring more in.

Friendy McEnabler said...

No one is being cruel. She’s even asked us before to stop her from getting spendy.

Anonymous said...

"No one is being cruel. She’s even asked us before to stop her from getting spendy." Exactly and that is what people are trying to do and she is ignoring everyone who is actually trying to help her. Not to mention she still has no idea how much money she has left in her renovation budget and how much more she owes Carlos so spending money like this is ridiculous.

Imagine when ron passes and she starts meeting men to date. She told us to also remind her not to date anyone new for a long time and since the spending reminders aren't working I can only imagine that warnings about any men she meets in the future will also fall on deaf ears.

Anonymous said...

"I have about $1,500 left not counting Carlos' last payment." NO you do not have $1500 left you have whatever is left after you pay Carlos and since you don't know how much more you owe him you may have a lot less than you think you do. Another reason to take a breath and stop buying stuff until after the floors are in, your stuff is brought back and purged and then buy a few things.

Heather Knits said...

I know how much Carlos wants.

I have been the one saying I am not spending renovation money on accessories until I am done with repairs. I am the one who spent $100 of her own money on curtain rods and got someone to sponsor the bedroom curtains.

You guys don't seem to get it, I have 2 totals in my head: one for repairs, and one for personal. I have spent personal money this week. The last 2 things I did with repair money was pay Carlos and buy flooring.

Anonymous said...

No you don't get it. You already miscalculated those totals so you have no idea how much you have left