Tuesday, February 25, 2020

I should have taken a photo

I got permission to tell this one before I started typing. 

I did not sleep well last night, that's what I'm trying to tell you, I'm not sleeping.  Ron woke me up a couple of times in serious pain so I gave him some Kratom which did the job.  I went back to sleep, slept in, woke up at 8:30 which is pretty late for me. 

I got up doing my usual things and I heard a lot of effortful grunts from Ron.  I figured he was searching for something between his bed and the wall.  You know that place in your home where everything goes?  That is Ron's place.  Mine is probably the front room. 

The grunts began to escalate so I asked Ron if he needed help.  Yes, he shouted.  So I went back and found his whole torso and arms between the bed and the wall, just two legs sticking up in his underwear.  He had slipped between the bed and the wall. 

It took a couple minutes.  I asked him, a couple times, if he wanted me to call someone to pull him out but he was embarrassed and basically said he would rather handle it at home, if at all possible. 

I finally pulled the bed away from the wall, got behind it, got Ron up that way.  He is profoundly grateful.  I pulled my arm muscle again but I got it done. 

I need to do some arm work.  But this is why I can't leave him.  And that is why they created jury duty exemptions for someone like me.  I am even thinking I will hire someone to stay with him when I go to Galveston this year. 

I would sleep a lot better knowing he had someone who could get him up.  Get a big guy. 

Anyway, I put him in his wheelchair "I need a drink" and he rolled off to the kitchen.  The sad thing he said, about the whole incident, was his complete sobriety.  He couldn't blame it on vodka as he had not begun drinking yet. 

While I had the bed in front of me I stripped it, did a load of laundry, and remade it with a fresh vinyl sheet with a cloth sheet topper.  It is comfortable but water proof. 

For whatever reason, which Ron does not want checked out, he needs it so I will of course provide.  The vinyl sheet is only $5 and money well spent, that should last for years.  And I just got him back into bed.  He is good for a while. 

When I went to Stripes to fax my jury duty they said they weren't sure if it went through.  A google search says the Fed Ex shipping center near my home does faxing, I will call and verify.  But I may just go there and fax it again to be sure.  I don't need a $500 ticket. 

So I will probably go there first (after calling), then go to the store and get more hemp smokes.  Ron said he would buy the smokes.  I will take him up on it because he is the source of many headaches! 

So there you go, you can take that away with you as you finish reading, the sight of Ron between the bed and the wall with his legs waving in the air "I don't know how I did that". 

Neither do I. 

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is he wetting the bed? My dad started doing that, he was also an alcoholic.

Heather Knits said...

Not really wetting the bed more failing to hit the mark, I think. He may also be spilling the bottle after he is done.

Anonymous said...

It would be more sanitary for you to help him to the bathroom? You won’t “pull a muscle”. Get him a walker and hold his arm. Tell him he has to do it this way because we don’t pee in bed. If he can get up to drink in the kitchen he can go pee.

Never heard of this pissing in juice bottle nonsense and all the Problems you’re having surrounding it.

Anonymous said...

Don't forget he is intentionally urinating on the floor also. You said the caps on the bottles prevented him from spilling the contents. Now he is not able to put the cap back on after urinating.

Heather Knits said...

He can't use a walker and hasn't been able to for a few years now.

I think he may be accidentally tipping the bottle before he caps it.

Anonymous said...

Yeah OK Heather. Keep being in denial about his issues and what he does on purpose or because he is drunk. If he can lift a heavy and full vodka bottle to his lips or to pour in a glass he should have no trouble putting the lid on a bottle of urine. Why are you always making excuses for his bad behavior and when is he going to the doctor?

Anonymous said...

Just put the toilet chair in there

Heather Knits said...

I am terrified he would use the toilet chair and then knock it over. That would be catastrophic right now.

He can put the lid on but I believe he is tipping the bottle before he does so. He doesn't want to go to the doctor right now.