Tuesday, February 18, 2020

Tuesday morning and afternoon

Well, the guys came and did the texture.  It did not take very long.  I told Carlos I was having trouble finding a guy to do the floor, showed him the sample. 

Apparently he meant "tile" when he said he didn't do floors.  That, he was willing to do.  We will talk about a quote, later on.  But he is willing. 

I am happy with what he has done so far, he finished hooking up the sink for me.  That was free by the way, one company quoted me $450 just to hook up the vanity and plumbing, and Mike the plumber practically licked his lips talking about "stubbing out" the plumbing for the connection between sink and pipe.  Carlos was able to do that with an inexpensive part and used the sink, a couple of times, to wash his hands.  Ron also ran water in it for a while and it is great. 

He also (Carlos, not Ron) did a good job with doors and those are getting painted tomorrow.  There is more I am forgetting because I had to smoke some hemp for a headache.  It worked, by the way. 

So I would hire him to do floors.  We will approach that later after he does the paint.  My one contractor rescheduled just on the estimate and the second one just rang and rang. 

The texture looks good and it is about impossible to see new wall vs old, which is the point.  The laundry room ceiling looks spectacular by the way, I can hardly wait to get it painted so I can show you. 

Carlos did tell me I wouldn't be able to use the computer tomorrow which is fine, I have my Kindle and will use that and my phone. 

I doubt the painting will take very long, there are 2 of them and they do this for a living. 

So they left and I played with my sink for a while, then got things ready for the paint. 

I gave Ron another protein shake, he is addicted to the mocha latte shakes, begs for them even.  They have 30 grams of protein, do not upset his digestion, and have lots of vitamins as well.  I am utterly thrilled he likes them so much. 

But I only bought one case.  I went to the Walmart online grocery web site and they don't have the shakes.  Yet.  Well, crap. 

So I got Ron settled and took a Uber.  I got 2 cases of the brand he likes and then shopped around various brands in the store.  They had a Slim fast, Ensure, Equate, and then the Premier Protein which is his favorite.  I got two of the PP and then one each of the rest, because Ron's nutrition has been horrible.  I am thrilled I found something he craves.  He was excited to hear about this when I got home, and is looking forward to sampling the other brands. 

He is normally quite resistant. 

I found some really awesome mauve t-shirts at Walmart in the Men's section.  I prefer a Men's shirt because it is looser, has a modest neckline and hemline, isn't always coming up and showing my belly or boobs.  And gives me freedom of movement AND very reasonably priced.  So I went hunting for more of these things because I love the 2 I got. 

I found one more, and a polo WITH A POCKET I was very happy about that.  Normally I don't wear polos but it is mauve, one of my favorite colors - one could say the new color of my bathroom (ahem).  So I got it and the t-shirt, plus the shakes.  I did not get any soda I think I will go with the caffeine instant drinks for a while, I have tons of them. 

I had a pretty bad headache and didn't think of my hemp smokes I carry.  I got a 96 cent bottle of generic headache tablets.  And took them at the register. 

I wanted ice cream, I went over to the section.  I found Blue Bell Salted Caramel Cookie: "A rich, creamy caramel ice cream with vanilla filled cookies and a salted caramel swirl."  I am about to go eat some.  I will let you know what I think. 

Very good.  I can't do nuts or chocolate but I can do this. 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You bought four 6-packs of diet dew two days ago. Is that gone already?

Anonymous said...

Why is it ok for you to have to pay 7000 for the recipe but not ok for you to make Ron give you money to replace the flooring in his room that he destroyed?

Heather Knits said...

Pretty much, on a good day I go through 1-2 six packs. I need to cut back but a lot going on right now.

Anonymous said...

If you go through one 6 pack a day you are spending $74.04 on average a month on soda (if you are getting them for $2.68 each. That is $888.48 a year.

If you go through two 6 packs a day you are spending $148.08 on average a month on soda (if you are getting them for $2.68 each. That is $1776.96 a year.

Anonymous said...

Can aspartame trigger headaches?
https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sponsor-story/uc-health/2016/07/24/uc-health-headaches-sweeteners-aspartame-triggers/87076172/