Saturday, February 22, 2020

I got some nice incense today

For some reason God put it in my head a local gas station had a fax machine.  What the heck, I thought.  I called.  They had one and were happy to let me use it. 

Awesome. 

I didn't sleep well last night, the cats knocked the broom over and Ron needed me.  And then I woke up at 6.  Well, shit. 

And I was up, my body does it.  I could sleep as long as I wanted but my body wanted up at 6:30.  So I got up, helped Ron, etc. 

I left around 11 and walked over.  All I have for walking are my work boots.   So I put those on, along with jeans, tshirt, hoodie. 

I went to the store, they got the manager which, as it turns out, is the woman I spoke to earlier.  She faxed it, but says it doesn't give a confirmation when something goes through. 

I got a snack and then walked to the head shop, it was a longer walk for work boots and not stable footing either. 

I also passed, for a long length, an electric fence which I concluded surrounded an auto dealership.  It was depressing, the first time I have ever had to walk by an electric fence. 

I finally got to the shop, he was busy with 2 other customers.  I picked out some incense, rose, pumpkin spice, and some leather because Ron likes leather scent.  He had a nice leather jacket when he worked in San Francisco, it made him a little daring, I felt. 

He finished by the time I was ready.  I got a pipe with a flat bottom, for $8.  I also got some more hemp cigarettes because they are fantastic on my migraines.  The other day just one totally killed my headache.  Permanently. 

And the incense of course.  I got a free "loosey" as well. 

I caught the bus home.  The bad dog is still around and makes me very uncomfortable.  I do not have my stun gun it is in storage. 

I got home OK.  I put my stuff away and helped Ron.  Got online for a while and burned some incense, cleaned up my ash catcher too.  I have not had any hemp. 

I did some cleaning and Ron actually gave me something to throw away, which I did.  We talked about replacing the toilet and I told him the budget is not going that far, he said we would pay for it ourselves, which would be great because I am sick of flushing with a bucket.  He also told me to stop paying him for the root canal, $100 a month, which is only fair in retrospect as I am paying Dad.  Asking me to cough up 25% of my pay to bills is a little unreasonable.  And I will either spend it on the house or the cats, anyway. 

Not to mention, I forgot to adjust the little lever in the shower, I was standing in the tub fully dressed and turned on the cold water tap, and got BLASTED with cold water all down my back.  Not Happy about that.  I am still soaked but happily cell phone is OK. 

We have a shelf/rack in the bathroom above the toilet.  It is chrome, 35 years old to the best of my knowledge, looking pretty ragged.  He asked me about it.  I asked Ron if he wanted a towel bar on whatever I put over the toilet.  He said yes.  I told him I couldn't find a rack (in white) with a towel bar underneath and he asked if I could just paint the chrome.  I will look into that. 

I talked to my aunt a couple times today and will talk to my parents later.  I sent an adorable photo of Biscuit in the drywall to her and she loved it. 

Biscuit apparently has made the space under the tub "his" space, and watching him come out I am pretty sure he is the one who loosened that fitting on the connector.  So we will need to close that up a little sooner than I thought. 

But overall a good day, very limited caffeine usage so I should sleep great tonight. 

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nothing says love like paying your husband back for a root canal. Especially since he wastes money on vodka every month. Pathetic you were trying to raise money for his root canal when you hadn't even paid for your own

Heather Knits said...

Between teeth pulled for braces and wisdom teeth I only have 24 teeth, it was a big molar. Ron has a lot more teeth than I do.

I wasn't trying to raise money for his root canal, when he has his work done it will go on the credit card. We are way below our limit.

Now, if you want to buy me a new shower curtain...

Anonymous said...

None of us want to buy you anything lol

Anonymous said...

Ask your husband to buy you a shower curtain. He has plenty of money to waste on vodka. He can afford it. You both make a decent income but you both waste your money on your vices.

Anonymous said...

First off, a new toilet will not help your flush problem !!! As you are able to flush the toilet by hand dumping. So the problem is beyond the toilet itself. You admit to not flushing regularly. A toilet is designed to flush at a minimum for paper. The amount of water isn't close to what you ruined the whole house with, so quit sparing the toilet flushes.
The problem is either in the line out from your house, or the line to the street. You may have tree roots from other close properties, that are in fact underground in your yard, tree roots travel out for hundred feet in some cases. You need to have your line cleaned. Some people do this regularly. I doubt you will listen or even consider this, maybe check with a plumber who knows what he is doing, as you are not qualified to diagnose the problem without equipment.

Heather Knits said...

We have had many plumbers out who have run cameras, the line is spotless. They remarked how good it looked. I think it does help I use a hair catcher in the shower and do not flush paper.

It used to flush great and just has a really wimpy sound to it now. I may, last resort, replace inside parts before tearing it out.

How did I ruin the house with the water leak? LOL Did I chew on the copper pipe? Y'all.... [shaking head]

Anonymous said...

She does have a huge tree in front of the house so that may be the issue

Heather Knits said...

Multiple plumbers are saying the lines are clear.

When I was a kid in Virginia we had clay pipes for the outflow from the house, tree roots got into the plumbing and it was very difficult to run anything down the drain. My shower drains fine, so do the sinks. Washer drains great. Toilet flushes great with a bucket of water even substantial things. Flush the lever and I get a wimpy water noise and it swirls a little at the top without going down. It is the toilet.

Anonymous said...

I doubt you need a new toilet they last forever. Most likely the problem is in the tank something easy needs to be replaced or adjusted.