Thursday, February 6, 2020

Praise God

I slept pretty well, I am not 100% comfortable on my cot.  It is fine for sleeping but it does move a little when I adjust myself and I am always worried I am going to crash to the concrete. 

I woke up with a headache, took some Excedrin. 

I took a shower, using my new facial cleanser which has my face a little dry.  I am NOT used to dry skin I always have had very oily skin.  Up until last year I was using "Acne Soap". 

But the cleanser wasn't expensive so I can toss it, and try something else. 

I had a good shower and did some research.  It is apparently not easy to find people to do vinyl plank flooring installation.  The only guys either had no review, a very bad review, or "was more expensive than I wanted" which is not what I wanted to hear.  I asked for more matches and they didn't have any. 

Now, Mike quoted me $700 (rounding up) for 3 room install if I have the materials.  I am preferring to do it this way and avoid contractor mark up on the products, which is why I spent hundreds of dollars on paint, the other day. 

I was hoping to get a couple quotes and compare it to that.  But I may go with Lumber Liquidators.  Oh, let me put up a link. 

https://www.lumberliquidators.com/ll/c/Bourbon-Barrel-Oak-Engineered-Vinyl-Plank-Flooring-CoreLuxe-RVP5BBLO/10044889

So I really like that and it is the #1 contender. 

Anyway, LL has a program where they send someone out to measure and quote, I already selected what I want and have a sample here at the house... then they sell me the install and the materials all at once.  They will definitely know HOW to do the install which I like.  But probably more expensive than Mike, but maybe not because I am not directly paying for delivery, they can just bring it the day they do the work. 

I will think on it for a little bit and then probably set up an appointment for that.  And they will have a warranty I can easily (I hope) hold them accountable if there is a problem (I hope not).  I need to figure that out. 

I have 3 I like. 

The one I already posted, this is #2: https://www.lumberliquidators.com/ll/c/Rail-Tie-Oak-Luxury-Vinyl-Plank-Flooring-Tranquility-XD-LVP4RTO/10045386  It is thinner than the other 2 which I don't like, but a little cheaper. 

And then this is the last.  It is very nice but a little repetitive.
https://www.lumberliquidators.com/ll/c/wpad-Obsidian-Oak-Engineered-Vinyl-Plank-Flooring-CoreLuxe-RVP5OO/10046631  this had a pad built in. 

So I need to figure out flooring the next day or two. 

I also found a hole in my siding so I need to get that fixed, it explains why it was so drafty in my bedroom, but fresh air is a good thing, I guess.  So I need to get someone out to repair the siding.  It is very old and #6 likes to abuse it.  I have ongoing problems with him damaging the siding.  It is fine on all the other sides of the house but his yard there's a problem, which to me says it is them even if I HADN'T caught them at it. 

I believe when some of his kids were toddlers the mother was putting them out in the yard "to play" (I know this for a fact).  I believe the bored toddlers began picking at the siding on my house, which is the property line because it's a zero lot line (don't ever do that).  That did a lot of damage and necessitated a major repair back in 2013. 

This I believe is just old age.  So hopefully I can get someone to patch it for a hundred or so.  I need to get that hired out as well. 

I used to wonder how I would make it without Ron and he fed that... you can't do it without me.  But with his decline I am having to do it all on my own, pay bills, file the accounting report, hire contractors. 

I think I am doing pretty well so far but it is a lot.  Especially running the business, taking care of Ron, and fixing the house all at the same time. 

I did have some fun with Biscuit.  He got in my lap while I was attempting to use the computer, walked all over me, and the desk, cat hair everywhere, he even put his head on my shoulder which was adorable.  Of course I was wearing black and now I am wearing white cat hair all over that. 

Later, Cleo walked by, I talked to her and she came over and put her front paws on my thigh and let me pet her.  It really warms me to see her initiating contact.  She didn't stay long but it meant a lot.  This is the cat who used to run away from me when I was holding food. 

She's a nice little girl. 

I used the lint brush but didn't get a lot of the cat hair, I am going to have to wash my outfit. 

Oh, and why am I happy?  The mania is finally gone, even the Excedrin didn't bring it back.  So hopefully I will have a standard mood for a while before the depression hits.  I am not a fan of manias these days, yes, I feel great and have tons of energy but it is like riding in a sports car down a windy road with no brakes or steering.  Not fun for long, and a horrific crash at the end. 

Now I am going to go take a nap. 

No comments: