Wednesday, February 26, 2020

Wednesday afternoon

I didn't have a lot (for me) of canned food so I made a grocery order.  Just in case things get crazy, I have something to eat.  I am curious for Ron to try the Chef Boyardee chicken alfredo in a can. 

That arrives tomorrow.  I also got 2 of my curtain rods, the long one.  The poor mail carrier had to bring them, she is going to hate me and I need to get a large chocolate bar to put in the mailbox.  OK, I just added it to the order. 

Work was pretty uneventful, our delivery was late.  I was so glad he came when he did because "Cat Lady" at work was telling me one of the ferals is pregnant again.  I asked her (again!) why she won't get them fixed "I don't want to hurt them". 

I was about to say something really sharp when Jon showed up with my order so I broke off the conversation.  Here I am thinking about neutering the tom cat.  And he isn't even mine.  He sure wants to be and it's better for the neighborhood if he's fixed.  It would be about $100 with rides.  I could save that if I wanted... after I fix the roof.   I won't keep him but I might feed him a little now and then if Biscuit makes friends.  If Biscuit continues to hate him then I won't run him off, or encourage him. 

Anyway, I got out of that conversation and that is God's leading because I have gone off on her before saying she is condemning them to a horrible life of pain and suffering, dead, sick, and dying kittens, that is not how God wants us to treat our animals.  She just got huffy and walked off and a week later she is telling me the same old story of an out of control, sickly, feral, population.  I think she likes seeing the kittens run about but you have to be responsible. 

If I were really into kittens, and "normal" I could foster them.  A lot of kittens are taken from/lose their mother.  I am partial to seniors and "scaredy cats". 

I really love seniors, they have so much love to give. 

So I got food.  I need to get a big bag of Iams just to be safe, I have enough for a week or two but no longer.  I have tons of food for Biscuit, not worried about that. 

I have tomorrow off and arranged my delivery to come late enough I can sleep in, shower, get dressed, plenty of time to get ready, but still early enough.  I work Friday (well, we do) and then I do the accounting report this weekend.  They liked the last one well enough. 

Deliveries: I have a small curtain rod, 2 posters, and a charger for Ron inbound.  For some reason he is always killing his chargers.  And my chair cover but that comes a little later than the rest, and is fine.  I am pretty sure the cats are going to claw the (folding chair) cover but that is OK, I don't mind claw marks.  It just says, to me, "Cats live here".  Now, if I won the lotto would I buy leather couches or declaw?  Never. 

But I will lose them one day and I can look at the claw marks and remember them.  I've talked about this. 

I do need to figure out a shower curtain, I want something with a pattern, I plan to use a clear liner with it.  I want something that will let light into the shower because I usually bathe at 4 AM or so.  I don't want a plain clear curtain with no pattern.  I would like something that coordinates with lavender.  If you are bored hit me with a link and I will check it out. 

It is cold out still and the furnace is running.  I will say it is a very good furnace.  Ron has been asleep since I got up at 1 so he will probably be up all night.  I will try to feed him when he gets up. 

One thing I did order today: some protein bars he can eat if he gets hungry when I'm sleeping. 

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why do you have two shower curtains and bedspreads on your list? Why do you refuse to clean your house? Why get nice things when you have no respect for your house and keep it dirty?

Heather Knits said...

I haven't decided on the bedspread/shower curtain yet. If I get the one with the flower they have a matching shower curtain but would that be too much? I also really like the purple about 90% committed to it but not 100%. You will note low price points on both.

You, I"m speaking generally here, a plural "you" seem to forget I have cognitive issues, heavy duty medication, and pretty major energy issues. It is one thing to sit at a keyboard, another to get up and sweep/mop a house. I was very pleased I was able to sweep the house last night but this morning I almost stepped on a screw.

Ron has said he is going to hire me some help when finances are better (we never eat out anymore) and I will accept.

Anonymous said...

It would be great if he and you actually followed through on that. Having someone come out even once a month would keep everything in check. Then you could schedule like 5 min a day to just “pick up”. I am not a perfect housekeeper either but it’s gotta get done.

Anonymous said...

Yes blame your medication and cognitive issues on being unable to clean. I call BULL on that and think you use it as an excuse when it is convenient for you. What do you do all day? You used to go into work everyday and now it is down to only 1 or 2 times a week. I just don't understand.

Anonymous said...

Yellow would look nice with lavender.

Anonymous said...

What's the matter can't bear to put up posts that mention Mama cat. You stole her babies and basically told her to take a hike and could care less. I used to think you were decent but now know that you are a monster.

Anonymous said...

If you have cognitive issues than you are clearly not qualified to care for and make decisions about Ron in any way shape or form. Someone needs to step in and remove you from your caregiver duties. You still have not made an appointment for ron to see the doctor when he asked you to do that weeks ago. I get that it benefits you if he dies because the house automatically will be paid off but damn that is pretty harsh.

Heather Knits said...

He said he wanted to see the doc, now he doesn't. I will go ask him as he is up. No. It is prostate issue and considering what the doctor will do (I didn't say) I can see why he might want to skip it.

Heather Knits said...

I am happy to talk about Mama Cat. She is most likely moved in with someone else. I am glad we could help her. She is always welcome, the cat door is open, I was happy to have her sleep in my bed. The babies left with her when the event happened but decided to come back, Spotty after a week, Cleo after a month. I may yet see her and she is welcome if she does.

What would have been monstrous was to leave her out in the street fertile. I paid quite a bit of money to get her spayed and rehabbed her. But, if she doesn't want to deal with contractors that is her business.

I imagine there are a lot of people who would make decent pet parents for a spayed cat. They wouldn't take her to be done but if she is already they are happy to have her.

We didn't dump her in the woods, she chose to leave. Spotty and Cleo came back so she knows where I live. I couldn't put food out due to the huge possum I showed you all about 2 months ago.

Heather Knits said...

I was thinking according to my color wheel a nice mint green or soft yellow would work with it. I can always get a clear curtain and use that for a while, or I may just get a white fabric washable and use it.

Anonymous said...

He has dementia he can't make the decision. He told you he needs to see a doctor. You won't make the appointment or scare him about the tests they will run so he changes his mind

Anonymous said...

Are you freaking insane or on drugs? I just don't understand you. Clean your house. Don't use the excuse well I tried by sweeping and then steppedon a screw

Anonymous said...

I would be devastated if one of my cats disappeared. I would be putting up signs and posts on next door. You haven’t, why not? You seem disconnected from the cats emotionally.

Statistically though, Mama cat is likely dead. You said before she was ABSOLUTELY not adoptable which is why you HAD to take her in. Now you are certain she was scooped up by another family. Highly unlikely that is the case. RIP Mama.

Unless you are lying and you took her to the shelter becAuse you realized you had too many.

Heather Knits said...

She is very friendly, but older and the vet said everyone wants a kitten. If the shelter picks her up we have a chip in her - which cost us $70 to implant - because we do love her and want her back.

My likely guess she found another home, or went back to her first home.

I didn't see anything on Next door or in the neighborhood about dead cats so likely she is alive.

Anonymous said...

Ron has prostate issues, memory issues, cognitive issues, physical decline issues, depression issues, etc. You can't get him into the bathtub safely. He had several (eight?) used urinal bottles under his bed that you were not aware of. You need help caring for him, and he needs help. Stop making excuses.

If you simply spent 20 minutes a day cleaning your house, there would be a huge improvement. Set a timer if you need to, but get started and work on it every day. Consider buying a vacuum that can clean rugs and hard floors. I use mine all the time, and it is easier than sweeping. Again, stop making excuses.

Anonymous said...

Heather, you should tell all of your bleeding heart "friends" to focus their energy on the homeless that live under the bridges and force their "help" on them. Ron has a home, Ron is living how he "chooses" to live.

Anonymous said...

Ron was supposed to buy her a carpet cleaner and vacuum. Guess he lied about that too.