Sunday, October 28, 2012

We need her

I was just sitting here, in my chair, wondering if I had time to do another blog about the kitten.

My kitten.

I didn't want her.  I was pretty angry at Ron for bringing her home.  "More work for me" I thought.  "A letterbox, now I have to buy kitten food, she'll bother Bubba...."  All true.

I was so horribly depressed today.  It is apparent to me, I need to actually go up to the higher dose Doc prescribed.  I may deal with hallucinations, but it's better than this.

I got home from church, totally zapped.  I opened the door and a cute little tabby face popped up out of my chair.  "Hi Mom!"  I took off my clothes and went to bed, exhausted.  I needed a nap.

I don't know when she showed up, but I awoke with the kitten curled up against my back, purring.  I rolled over a few times to pet her, she'd stretch, and we'd go back to sleep.  Kitty loves me.  That was nice, and something I needed.

Last night she even got in my lap, on her own, for a good 20 minutes, "watching" my show.  She just wanted petting.

She is very sweet and full of love.  She is also full of mischief.

Her favorite toy?  The safety cap to my headache relief tablets.  The large safety cap.  I gave it to her for a toy.  She loves to bat bottle caps all over the floor, they're her favorite toy ever.  This one's a couple inches in diameter.

Frosty was the same.

If I believed in reincarnation, I'd wonder.  I just see her as our little gift from God.

I didn't want her, but it's clear we need her.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just an idea Heather, but you may want to keep your lovely kitties indoors for a few days around Halloween. People are cruel and should someone see a vulnerable kitten or a black cat they may be part of a ritual. You know the kind. In essence, better safe than sorry. I don't let mine out at all, but for a few days I'd keep your's in starting today. Maybe Bubba had been safe before, but this world waxes worse and worse. God Bless!