Sunday, October 21, 2012

A good place to be

As we traveled to Austin, we drove through some lovely hill country.  Beautiful yellow wildflowers, some kind of daisy, making lovely carpets underneath live oak trees.  Cute little trailers and modest little homes lined up next to the highway, it made me wish I could drive.

I'd love to have 20 acres or so, out in the country.  Sure, I have a lot of amenities.  Within 2 miles of my house, I have access to excellent cuisine from several cultures, and several popular chain restaurants.   I'm not far from the Walmart, and I have my choice of 3 grocery stores.

My vet's right around the corner, my doctor not much farther (the regular doctor).  The psychiatrist is all the way across town, but worth the trip.  I enjoy city life and often wonder how I'd like a loft, 30 stories up, downtown.  Imagine looking out into a cloud bank.  Pretty.

However, God wants me here in the suburbs.  I'd love to live in the city, love to live in the country, happy to live in the suburbs.  I guess that's a good statement about me: I'm happy anywhere God plants me.

That's a good place to be.

No comments: