Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Weird places

I'm going to be a little naughty here.  I admit it in advance.

So, I have to attend this business conference with Ron, in a few weeks.  I think I can get Ron out of 'most everything, a blind man in a wheelchair - I can encourage him to "look pitiful" which he does QUITE well.

In fact, during my only handout in an affluent area, people kept wanting to give me money, instead of taking a Bible!  We could have cleaned up!  Not that we did, of course, but I got a little tired running to people and them trying to shove a $5 bill at me.

I tease Ron, say if things get really bad, I'll just roll him out to a median with a "hungry" sign.  Of course doing so would insult God's provision, so I won't, but I do tease him.

The way I see it, I have a couple of possibilities.

1.  Go, talk to everyone about mental illness, say off the wall things, never get a return invitation.
2.  Go, do the "hellfire" routine, hand out braille tracts to everyone, evangelize them willing or not, and see it as a mission trip.
3.  Go, and play the game.  Here's my thought on the matter
 Yeah.  If you're blind, it's not a happy face I'm making.  Now, plenty of people do disgusting things for money.  Think about all the women in Houston selling themselves at this very moment.  Thank God I don't have to do that.  I've been told I only must attend the training.  I can do that.  I'll just wear a t-shirt and jeans, because I may be crawling around inside a vending machine - or wishing I were.

4.  Go, sulk.  Pretty self-explanatory.

Odds are I will probably do a hybrid of 2-4 (See it as a mission trip, play the game, complain about it).  Of course I'll ask God to guide me.

I'll say this, God's had me going a whole lot of weird places lately.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why not just go and try and see if maybe you can get something good out of it?

I really think that you need an attitude adjustment regarding this mandatory meeting.

Sure it is required but go with a positive and willing spirit. You never know what useful things you can learn there.

P.S. it may not be from the big wigs running the show it may be from another vendor like yourself.

Trying to alienate people with God as punishment because they made you do something is wrong. I highly doubt that God would be leading you to behave in the manners you are considering behaving in.

Heather Knits said...

OH, I agree.

Since I do have a modest bathing suit I plan to see if they have a hot tub.

Ron and I plan to bring TV dinners and eat them in our room. He needs a lot of sleep.