Tuesday, October 30, 2012

They always eat the head

Good idea on keeping the cats inside.

They finally vanquished the rat.  They didn't leave much but the tail and hindquarters.

I wonder what it is about prey head that is so delicious, they must be consumed.  It doesn't matter the species, they always eat the head.  Insect, bird, rodent, always the head.

They seem to be getting along better.  I told Ron, maybe it's the old battle in the trenches, fought and won, platoon style thinking.  "We were enemies, now we are friends".

I'm really glad I didn't get the bait.  If I'd "baited" the cats might have eaten the deceased rodent, ingesting the blood thinner, and dying themselves.  My vet said she saw that happen once.  How awful.

Still battling depression, on a higher dose of the antidepressant.  I got my refills.  Nothing like a natural disaster to make me realize I need my refills.

Speaking of, that must be hell over there.  You have to figure, all kinds of people failed to refill their prescriptions.  People on dialysis didn't evacuate.  They're all getting sicker every minute.

Then I think of the parents.  It surprised me, before hurricane Ike: everyone seemed to be buying diapers.  Adult diapers, baby diapers, they were nearly sold out.  Babies need 5-7 diapers a day.  Each baby.  Then, formula.  How can a parent heat up formula?  How can they make it without running water?  Babies are also small, with small immune systems, and not designed for inclement weather, no plumbing, etc.  The poor parents have to try to provide, as best they can, until FEMA can get some relief going.

In NY City, many people are very dependent on public transit, but that doesn't look like it will be up for quite a while.  Manhattan looks to be a mess.  They'll discover, as I did, it's very hard to go get help when you can't go.

I'm praying for all of them.  I think things could get really bad.  Flood water, freezing temperatures, etc... no electricity.

No sanitation - disease will run rampant, if they can't get in there and start fixing things right away.

Pray for them.  I am.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Do a video blog about demonic attacks