Thursday, October 11, 2012

More Evangelism

Yesterday, Ron asked if he could help me with rides today.  I told him, well, my ideal day would be this: you drop me at a bus stop, I go to the mall.

Well, he replied, I had planned to get us that special at the taqueria.  They have a bus stop, I thought.  Just leave me there and I can catch my bus.

What about getting home?  Ron was sincere.  Well, in an ideal world you could pick me up at the "good" Starbucks, but I don't expect it.  I can ride the bus.

When?  Oh, wow.  This could be awesome.  I told him, 3 PM.

So, we did it.  I had to run by my bank, ordered my Bibles (they'll deliver!), and got to the mall around 1:30.  I prayed and asked God to guide me, turned a corner, and found an embroidery kiosk.  They had purple ball caps in the "trucker" style.  Yes.

How much though?  [raised eyebrow]  $20.  Very reasonable.  I told the clerk what I wanted, got a raised eyebrow, and some helpful suggestions.  Change the wording, he said, to "Ask me for Free Bibles".  Sounds fine to me.  He also suggested using a cursive script.  He liked my idea of gold on purple.  It would take an hour.

This is not a cheap mall.  I looked around, tried to find some cheap vitamins (Ha!), and wandered into a candle shop.  I had an interesting talk with the manager and walked out with some nice votives.

I came to a conclusion recently.  I love candles.  Why don't I burn them?  Self, I thought, that's a good idea.  So, I bought a few cheap candles and burn them.  It makes me happy.  Ron doesn't mind.  I keep them away from the cats.

Do things you love, when depressed, the books tell me.  So, I'm trying.

Speaking of things I love, I went back to the hat store.  "My" hat was on the machine, but it finished up in a few minutes.

Now, in the past, Ron has not been reliable with the pickups.  He gets comfortable, starts drinking, and changes his mind.  I called and he said the ride was there, heading out the door.  Awesome.

My hat was finished, and it looked fantastic.  I showed my receipt, put on the hat, and headed off to meet him.

People sure noticed my hat, but I didn't get any requests.  Today.


No comments: