Sunday, October 14, 2012

The Group

I just had an ironic thought.

I should preface this by saying I was watching "The Walking Dead".  A very large part of the show, is about the group.  It's not about one person, it's about the collective group fighting the dead and trying to stay alive.

Then I saw a commercial, that reminded me of the show "Disaster Preppers" and yet another group, all adding value, skills, and supplies to the group.  I thought.  Hm.

Let's look at Ron.  He is useless for defense, unless something is in the room with him.  He is blind.  His hearing is poor.  He has balance issues.  He would fall with a moderate push.  He can't fire a gun.  His right hand is pretty worthless.  No one would want him in the group, unless they felt sorry for him. Then people would probably yell at the softie about it for years to come.

What about me?  Well, according to some shows, I have girl parts, so I'm in [rolleyes].  Let's be realistic.  I can't fight - I don't have the skill set.  I assume I could do OK with some kind of club or a bladed weapon, but I don't know any techniques.  Skills.  Well, I know a little about many things, canning, gardening, medicine, etc.  I don't know how to forage, though, which would be a highly useful skill.

The big deal killer: I'm crazy and completely dependent on medication.  I wouldn't want a ticking time bomb in my group.

So, if SHTF, I guess Ron and I are "The group".

Of course, we are with Jesus and I don't expect to be around for anything apocalyptic.  However, if you aren't saved you might look at your skill set and what you could offer a group.

Just a thought.  I guarantee, you're going to need a group during the tribulation.


No comments: