Wednesday, October 24, 2012

The Treat

You may ask yourself, Heather, why are you wearing steel toed shoes and your housecoat, an hour after your bedtime?

Well, I'd reply, because Bubba came home with a full mouth.   Yup.  He had one of these:


Except it was a lot bigger!  And running across my floor!

I'm yelling "Shut your door" at Ron.   He's yelling "What?"  By then, Bubba has deposited the "treat" on Ron's floor.

It gets better.  Ron's shouting, because he's figured it out by now.  I'm screaming because it's running straight for me.

The rat veers off, into the bedroom.  Great.  My bedroom.  Why do they always go in my bedroom?  Huh?

I locked Bubba in the bedroom with the rat.  Lazy bum, he didn't kill it.  He just howled a lot at the door.

I was so desperate I even put the kitten in there for a minute, then rethought it and pulled her out.  I bet she could get it, though.  I just spent 20 minutes playing "get the cat teaser".  She's got the instinct.

Ugh.  Now, it's past my bedtime.  I need to go to bed.  Except my bedroom is not safe.

Ron and I baited a rat trap with peanut butter and put it in my bedroom.  I'm hoping that does the trick.

All I know, I'm exhausted and I need to go to bed.  Pray for me.

No comments: