Sunday, October 21, 2012

Kegger

I'm the first to admit, I don't always know the social rules.  However, when the other vendor called and said Tom was having a party by the pool at 6, it didn't really sound optional.

I made sure Ron looked OK.  I wandered around, pushing Ron in his wheelchair, for a little bit, trying to find the pool.  I found our business consultant at the bar and we chatted for a few minutes.

I noticed a lot of blind people going to the left, so I followed them.  Aha.  The pool.  I pushed Ron around the side of the pool, literally the blind leading the sighted, to the party.

I met Tom, who told Ron he had 2 kegs of beer and other assorted drinks.  Ron got a beer.

As things worked out, I worked out a compromise with Ron - I would put a hold on my not-helping-you-drink policy, for the weekend only.  Ron accepted that, and did fine.

He's having some trouble now, but we're home.  That's another blog.

We had a good time.  I got a hot dog and a diet soda, Ron had a tamale and some other stuff.  We found some interesting people and chatted for a while.  The program director came up and said hi.  I kept it light and friendly when Ron started to say something; and he later thanked me for that.

Ron had a couple more beers and we went back to our room.  Night one is over.

I set my alarm on the cell phone and went to bed.  We had an early morning.

No comments: