Friday, October 5, 2012

Worst Play Date Ever!

I'm pretty tired, if I seem incoherent.

First, I kept forgetting this:  I found it funny.  When the plane landed in Houston, the air vents were on full blast, and half the plane started sneezing!  Allergy city!

Speaking of allergens, we took Baby Girl to get fixed.  From what I can tell she is about 3-4 months.  She still has her baby teeth so probably closer to 3 months.

We put her in the box, and our ride came pretty much on time.  Ron, the cat, and I were stuffed in the back, with the big guy who refuses to wear his seatbelt, and the driver who lets him get away with it.  One reason I have told Ron "If you're in a cab, sit behind me".  Unrestrained backseat passengers, especially ones topping 400 pounds, are projectiles and cause major traumatic injury to belted front-seat passengers.  You can see why I'd mind.

She is breaking state law and paratransit policy.  When they catch her, it's her job.  I specifically mentioned him as "The guy who doesn't wear a seatbelt".  "Oh," she replied "It's probably uncomfortable for him.  I won't make him wear it."  I told her the safety statistics and she scoffed at me.  So, when I flatly asked her to do her job, she refused.

t thought about calling and reporting her, but I knew she'd know it was me.  I also figured it would catch up to her anyway.  She hates cats, for one, and didn't much like hearing Baby Girl howl in her carrier.  When the driver turned on some hip-hop, though, Baby Girl quieted right down.

We got to the clinic late, but they were very nice about it.  I got all the paperwork filled out.  I noticed the vet was helping carry the cat carriers to the back of the clinic.  I thought that was excellent.

He also watched Ron, cooing at Baby Girl and cuddling the carrier as he stroked an extended paw.  The vet grinned.

Our pickup came early, so he took Ron out as I extracted the carrier.  I put her in the "parking lot" and chatted briefly with the vet, then left.

We went to the wholesale warehouse, and then to work.  Those were good trips.  We briefly saw the other vendor and did our stocking.

However, we ended up waiting over 2 hours, for our ride home.  Not a happy place.

Happily, I did not shame Jesus when our ride finally did arrive.  I chatted with the driver as we headed home.

I barely had time to grab a couple meat sticks before our next trip; to the spay clinic.  We got there early and watched the dogs being discharged.  They all seemed to be having a difficult time, and saying "That was the worst play date ever!  Do you know what they did to me, Mom?"

I was so happy to see our carrier, with Baby Girl.  She seemed OK.  Her pupils were pretty dilated, but other than that she was fine.  She started sticking her paw out as Ron held her in his lap, on the way home.

Chuck came and gave us a ride, very awesome, I thought.  He got a kick out of watching Ron with Baby Girl.

When we got home, I let her out (I had already locked the cat door).  She made a beeline for the food bowl and ate for 5 minutes straight.  Bubba was howling at the door, so I let him in, and she started to wrestle with him before I intervened.  I locked her in Ron's room while Bubba ate, and then fixed my dinner.

Well, I tried.  I had a lot of "help".  Baby Girl has figured out how to get on the counter, via wheelchair.  She got up a couple of times, trying to lick my butter, steal my cheese, etc.  I kept scolding her.

Not subdued, she went in Ron's room and climbed up his bed for treats, which she got.  She's just fine.

Me, I'm exhausted.  I sure hope I can sleep tonight.

No comments: