Thursday, October 18, 2012

De-terrorize

I'm happy.

I got my snuggles with Bubba today.  If you saw the video blog you know I scared him off by accident yesterday.

Today, he looked up at me, standing next to the bed.  I patted the bed and told him to "go on".  He did, laid down, and I took a nap with him.

We went to work, first, of course.  I got everything I could do.

Ron had planned to go to the warehouse, get supplies, and stock them tomorrow morning, but the other vendor changed our pickup time.  No warehouse.  I could only stock what I had, but the machines did look better.

Today I need to de-terrorize him, trim his beard, and his hair if he will let me.  Throw him in the tub.  Finish doing the laundry.

Speaking of, I need to get going on that.  Clothes are still damp, but I trimmed Ron's beard to a half inch.  He won't let me go shorter, and wouldn't let me near his hair.  I've nagged him into the bathtub, now I just need to figure out what I'm taking.

I'll wear my jeans, a t-shirt, and a hooded sweatshirt.  I'll probably just bring underwear and a couple more t-shirts.

I don't want to go to the drinking party.  Ron's already said he's taking his motion sickness medication, and that drastically affects his alcohol tolerance.  He knows that.

It's supposed to be cold where we're going (by my standards), but we will be inside most of the time.  [shrug]  So, that means the tshirts should be fine.

I'm just debating if I should bring something dressier, not professional, just in case.  Of course the big rule is listen, listen, listen.  Ask relevant questions, get them to open up, and give a damn.

"How to make people like you" courtesy of Dale Carnagie.   Doing that, I could probably wear anything and they wouldn't mind.

No comments: