Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Put my glasses on

Prudence, let me figure out how I'd do that.  I love the idea.  If you send me a message with your email I can give you an address.  I won't publish your email, of course.

So, I forgot some weirdness today.  As you have noticed, I wear eyeglasses.  I have for my entire life.  I was wearing glasses before I could walk.

Being far-sighted, I am pretty effectively blind without them.  I like to leave my glasses on the bookcase until I've taken my shower, washed and brushed my hair, and pulled it back into my ponytail.  As I got out of the shower this morning, I heard something scratching at the back door.  I could see a brown blob pressed against the glass.

"Poor Baby Girl" I thought, "She wants to come in."  I put my hand on the door and began to open it.

Before I proceed, I need to tell you, I am always asking God to put His thoughts in my head, to guide me and lead me, etc.

All of a sudden I got a very loud NO in my head, and slammed the door shut.  "Go find the cat" I heard, very clearly, in my head.

"Ron?   Have you seen Baby Girl?"
"She's in my lap" he said indulgently.  "Getting treats".

What did I almost let into the house?  It was at least a couple pounds, brown, and had claws of some sort.  I could have a lot of nightmares.

Can you imagine the horror of that thing, whatever it was, running through the house wreaking havoc? A blind man with mobility issues trying to get away?  A playful kitten?

GULP.

So glad I listened.  Now, I have a new rule "Put on my glasses before I let anything into the house".  It was clearly, NOT mine.

UGH.  [shudder]

No comments: