Saturday, October 13, 2012

All things, working for good.


Romans 8:28

New King James Version (NKJV)
28 And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.

Maybe you've read that verse, maybe not.  I'm going to show how it applied to my life.  

My mother drank while pregnant, damaging my brain.  
Because she did, I met my husband and minister to many people I encounter on public transit, because I don't drive.   I can also afford to live on these wages, without a car.

I had a very difficult early life, massively neglected, losing 2 primary caregivers before I turned 3.
Because I had a hard time, a few things happened.  I developed an early faith in God, and a deep and passionate love of cats (my cat was my companion, especially when humans failed).

I have a learning disability, due to my mother's drinking, that vastly affected my ability to understand spoken instructions.
Because of that, my Dad allowed me to read the Bible in church, instead of listening to the sermon.  Reading the Bible strengthened my faith and led to my getting saved at age 8.

Due to various issues, I had a hard time interacting with other people.
This also went to working on my faith.

I have a severe form of Bipolar disorder
Because I had a severe bipolar depression my Dad was meeting with my doctor instead of at work, during the workplace shooting.  Dad got saved a few months later.  He now runs a Bible study and has helped disciple many young men over the last decade.

God has also used my illness to work on my humility, depending in Him, and empathy for other hurting people.

Due to my mental illness, I was placed in special ed.
Where, at a workplace training thing for "special" students, I met my husband.

My husband got run over by a negligent driver who ran a red light.
Because it happened, I started the Bible Handouts.  I couldn't stand the thought of watching people suffer without God - and boy they leapt on those Bibles when I put them out.

My husband's family disowned us, after promising to take care of us, 12 hours before he was discharged.
Because this happened, I was able to experience God's provision in amazing ways, as complete strangers took care of my every need and then some.

Just when things were looking better: Ron has an allergic reaction to an antibiotic that leaves him pretty much bed-bound.  
If we're not out, he's in bed.  Because it happened, I began riding public transit again and began the Bible Handouts on a massive scale.

My shower enclosure began falling apart, and we can't afford to fix it: 
God provides amazing people who remodel it, for free.  Not only that, they give me Bible to distribute, too!

That's just a little glimpse.  ((((hugs)))  I'm praying for you daily.

No comments: