Wednesday, October 17, 2012

One Day

Once I finish this, I'll go work on the laundry and then go to the dollar store.

I had a couple of interesting thoughts.  I do regret I waited until @ 2009 to get really involved with Evangelism.  But, I was reading most scholars think Jesus only did His ministry for 2.5 to 3.5 years.  That's all God needed him to do.

So, maybe God only needs me to do my work, for the time I've been working.  Maybe the recipients had to get to 2009 before they were ready to receive the Bibles/testimony.  I was sure witnessing before that, pretty consistently since 2003, but I really started the handouts in 2009.

So, what about the handouts?  I got some money, and ordered an insane stack of New Testaments.  That's a lot of evangelism.  The store may even deliver.

I want to get out there and distribute; but God has given me a clear no.  Like, when Ron's on a drinking binge, and I want to leave, and I get a no.  I listen.  I want to get out there and do it, God says NOT YET.

So, I'll wait.  They aren't ready yet, I'm not ready, or both.  I am battling a rather ugly depression.  I hate to say it, but maybe I'm not capable of doing a Handout.  Or, maybe there's a hater out there looking for a target, and God knows I'd be it.  All good reasons.

To paraphrase one of my songs: it's not about me.  It's about doing God's will.  If that means waiting a little, I will.  I still need to do up my Halloween candy and Scripture Booklets.

I do plan to make up bags of candy for the adults, with a New Testament.  I don't want to miss a single person.

Yes, some may discard the booklets or New Testaments - I take that chance on every handout.  Some people tell me the recipients only want the items because they are free: I disagree.  I believe they are called by God.

Called by God to get MY Bible?  No.  Called by God to get His Bible, from my hand, but I'm just a paver in the sidewalk.  I'm glad He can use me.

I think anyone can do this, but everyone else says they couldn't.  I guess God has just equipped me for my job.

When He calls me, I'll get back to it.  In the meantime I am wearing my Free Bibles hat and carrying a sack of Bibles everywhere I go.  [giggle]  I'm pretty hard to miss.

One time Ron and I were at a warehouse, and a lady walked up.  "You must be Ron and Heather!"  She figured out it had to be us.  She was right.

Funny if I ran into one of you, out on the street, one day.

No comments: