Saturday, October 6, 2012

Pretty Nasty

I was exhausted after all my errands yesterday, no nap, etc.  I made dinner (the kitten would really like to try some grilled cheese, but I didn't let her.  She "helped" by trying to lick the butter and drag off a slice of cheese), and took my meds.

They hit me really hard.  I'm sitting there, in my chair, 6 PM on a Friday night and all I want is bed.  I finally thought, "I'm not having fun, go to bed." and did.  I slept GREAT, woke up after 3 AM.

Ron was awake (he has some odd hours due to the head injury, and he's always been a night owl anyway), so we talked for a couple hours, and snuggled.  Baby Girl got in bed with us and laid between us, partly on my back.  It was really cute.

When 5 AM hit, so did the frisky.  It's like a different cat.  I don't see this a lot in Bubba, because he is, by his own choice, mostly an outside cat.  She was all over the place like a little furry rocket.  She stole a slice of bread from my breakfast and dragged it onto the floor.

The next time she tried to get on the counter, I made angry cat noises (I'll have to do a video!) and she ran off, looking back over her shoulder.  I'll just encourage Ron to do this, too.  He almost put some chili on her because she was on top of the stove.  She climbs up from the wheelchair.

After eating, I took my pills and did my God time.  I wasn't very cogent today; but God knows I tried.  I may try to do the payer portion later tonight.  God knows we can all use more prayer (and I pray for you, in multiple categories - you can look up my youtube "What I am praying for you").

So, it's 7:30 and I've already had a busy day.  We're going to the grocery store, and going to the bookstore to check our soda machine.  I might run by a Dollar Store.

God willing, I'm taking a nap today, and going to bed early.  This illness wants me dead.  Bipolar has a mortality rate of at least 10%.  Psychotic depression (I also have that) has a mortality rate of 40%.  You know some cancers have better survival rates?

If I had cancer, I'd be getting my nap and taking care of myself!  So why is it such a big deal, if I do it when I'm "only" bipolar, mixed, rapid cycling, psychotic features?  Sounds pretty nasty to me!

((((hugs)))

1 comment:

icebear said...

i'm a rapid cycler too