Friday, October 26, 2012

Are you better off now, than you were 4 years ago?

I've encountered a problem with some of our drivers.  The average driver is not college educated.  No trade school.  Very opinionated.   Staunchly, fanatically, liberal.

That's fine.  We're all entitled to our own opinions.  I feel safer riding with a "minority" driver because they have a lot of street smarts and driving skill.

I just resent it when someone wants to "talk politics" - which really means, trying to brainwash you with my opinions and telling you are you are wrong, wrong, wrong.  One driver in particular does that.

I rode with him today.  Our first ride was very late, so they had to change our pickup.  I had about half an hour at Walmart during lunchtime.  I couldn't even get into the deodorant aisle.  Needless to say, I'll need to go back.

Anyway, he picked us up.  Had we voted.  No.  Why not?  Because we haven't voted.  Ron shared his "nothing man does, matters, because in the end God's will be done" philosophy.  He'd made a pretty good Muslim - they have a saying "As God wills".  Meaning, whatever happens is God's will, so why bother to change it.  A rather fatalist viewpoint.

So, he kept poking at me and poking at me, who was I going to vote for.  I asked him my standard question: Are you better off now, than you were 4 years ago?  This guy said yes, and I believe it.  He's making about 3K a month and living the lifestyle he wants.  He voted democrat, because he wants more of the same.

I explained to him, we are doing far worse than we were before.  I said business was down 75%.  He didn't "get" that, so I gave him numbers:  "We used to take home $2,000 a month, now we are taking home $500."  "$300" Ron corrected.

"Oh, that's terrible, but that's not the fault of the president" and he went on and on and on trying to sell me on this bucket of crap.  I finally blew up and said "I am voting him out of office, if nothing else.  I don't want him as president.  I want him to know that America hates what he has done to our country and wants him out of office forever."  He gaped at me, and tried to go on about how "mean" I had become.

I'm sure he will gossip about me for a week or so, because he is a gossip.  I have learned, if people talk to me, about someone, they are talking about me, to others.

I'm sure I will be painted as a racist hater.  I'm sure most won't believe him, because my husband is black.  I'm sure he will mention how our business has suffered, and try to blame it on a guy who left office 4 years ago.

In fact, the guy actually tried to tell me it was Bush's fault.  I said, business didn't get really bad until 2009, well after Bush was gone, and wasn't the current president supposed to be fixing things by them?  Some fix.  Month after month after month after month after month while this man is in office, our sales continue to suffer.   Even my vet bills have doubled.

Wonder Boy himself said "If I can't fix things in my first term, I don't deserve a second term".

I was very upset.  Ron was very upset.  The driver was very upset, trying to say I "had it all wrong".

Ron and I had an argument.  Later, we agreed, no politics talk.

When someone wants to "talk politics" - they don't want a free and open exchange of ideas.  They want to indoctrinate you into their point of view.  That nauseates and infuriates me.  Everyone has drunk the Kool-aid.  They can't see reality, right in front of them.  They can't bear to admit that Wonder Boy has ruined the economy.

Ron would want me to remind you, this happened because God willed it.  Wonder Boy got elected because God willed it.  God wants Wonder Boy in office, for at least a couple more months, and I don't want to go against God's Will, do I?

No, but I'm sure as hell voting for the other guy.

If a driver starts to talk politics, I'll just say "I'd rather not."  I am already sick to death of hearing the "Tom Joyner Morning Show" - liberal entitled politics at it's best - every single morning on the way to work.


4 comments:

Frirndlyishathiest said...

The sad part is the ONE you are voting for will do away with all your paratransit rides!
This did not happen in four years! You are wrong
And who cares what color they are!

You are very short sighted. My husband owns hs own small business and we ave grown. People spend less money on vending machines, yes
Sorry you are so hostile over thus Heather.
But it is wrong to think one man could cause this ess if four years!
I wish the eve toons to be over because both sides are having chest pain
I barely survived the George W era I would not survive a Romney disaster

Oh and by the way Missy it is a he'll of a lot harder in this country to " come out" as an atheist than it is to be verbal about chistianity! Give me a break! I am not angry nor do I even care what others believe

I get tired of pity but have a great filter in real life..here you put it out there I can tell you
Atheists are truly not angry with religious folks unless like you feel, if our rights are dictated by your morality, then we will talk.

Heather Knits said...

You're not angry.... so that is why you used 6 exclamation points? Name calling? Threats?

Oh, and the paratransit rides, under your buddy, are FAR worse than they were under Bush. They used to come on time, now we wait up to 2 hours for a simple 3 mile ride during off-peak travel times.

I'll let the rest of your post speak for itself, and boy, does it.

Same person saddened said...

I get excited sorry, not anger excitement in m y "!"s
I apologize. I also apologize for coming of as what you call "a hater"

Because I ctually came here because I was looking for BP blogs from positive upbeat folks who want to share their success. I find you trashing not only my lack of belief in something you believe. But you Aldo trashed our president, for inheriting a shitty economy.

Mentally I'll myself I understand and empathize with thisvanger towards me

I am just really sorry I upset you enough to warrant anger from you
And will not trouble you again. I will ot add to your false sense persecution either. As an atheist I love my religious friends, care for them, wish theirs and your days be peaceful and well

Also as an atheist I know that there are no second chances, if these are to be my last words to you I want them to be nice ones.

You are a wonderful writer and I do sincerely wish you nothing the best.
I hope your business revives and you prosper as we haveI will look elsewhere for functionally well, mentally Ill blogs, Also I am not being a " hater" by warning you
This blog is not " yours"! once you hit the button to publish it, it becomes part of thevWORLD wide web

Prudence said...

I couldn't agree with you more Heather! Our medical insurance has doubled, the insurance companies are doing that to prepare for obamacare... sure everyone can get insurance now, but now it's unaffordable! Can't wait till Tuesday!!