Sunday, October 21, 2012

Satur-day

We slept pretty well, considering.  I got up early and took my shower.  The hotel shower was OK, plenty of hot water, not a lot of pressure.  I missed my garden tub and my big window.  The toiletries provided were nice enough.  I finished up and woke up Ron.

Once Ron was done, I put him in the wheelchair and we went to register.  They had a continental breakfast; I had a bran muffin with raisins.  I'd already taken my Wellbutrin, with a small snack, in the hotel room.  We registered and the office ladies from Austin were thrilled to meet Ron.

He's very charming on the phone, and they all fussed over him.  It was cute.  We saw the vendor who did Ron's training and Ron complimented his wife in exuberant French.  She slapped him on the head and told him to stop.

The meetings were mixed - the program director is a VERY good speaker, and one of the most interesting featured.  I thought it was interesting.  I was pretty bored until they got to the healthy vending initiative.

We're doing a new thing, called "Better Eating Today".  We have guidelines for healthy foods.  "Healthy foods" will get special promotional stickers in the vending machine, and some signage.  A lot of them are items we already sell.  OK, that's good.  Glad we came.

The rest of it was not as interesting.  I tried to look attentive because the business consultants and the program director were watching us, watch the speakers.

Finally, over.  Now it's time for the tradeshow.  Well, I got a bag of cheetos, a sandwich, and a yellow tote bag.  I didn't really make any business contacts.  We ran into a good friend of Ron's from training.  They had a good time catching up.

About this time, I encountered one manager who sadly lamented the bar's closure.  Uh, dude.  You're working.

Ron and I attended some seminars and met some nice vendors.  It was a lot better than the long speeches.

Finally, done.  Dinnertime.

Except dinner was $35 a plate.  Ron and I ate in our room.


No comments: