Friday, October 12, 2012

Regrets

So, today I had the thought to do a couple of posts.  I have to say, foremost, I believe in living a life without regrets.  If someone looks pretty or has been very kind, I make a point of saying so.  I tell Ron I love him and value his company.  I even tell my cat how much I love him.

I wrote a poem "If I Die Tomorrow" - basically saying, I'd have very few regrets.  That's a good place.

I guess you could call them "wishes for the past".  I don't beat myself up about any of it.

1.  I wish I had known that vitamin A prevents my acne, and given it to myself when I started breaking out at age 10.  I looked awful for years.

2.  I wish I could go back in time and tell myself I was bipolar, and what medications were needed.

3.   I wish I hadn't let mockery dissuade me from running, and kept up with it consistently, but considering "my" neighborhoods for many years, it's probably better I didn't.

4.  I wish I had been more appreciative of my past jobs, instead of seeing he problems (that was the illness talking, at the time).

5.  I wish, when times were better, I had saved $50 a paycheck into my emergency fund and $20 into the house fund (repairs).

6.  I wish I had known more about what homeownership entailed, and that the business would tank, before we bought the house (but, knowing that, I wouldn't have).

7.  I wish I had prayed more, for my birth mother's salvation (God laid it on me, but I only did a few times) before she died.  Happily, she was saved, in spite of my neglect.

That's about it.

No comments: