Sunday, October 7, 2012

I'm glad he came along

Ron was adamant: he was not going to church.  For me, that meant staying home.

I have, what most would consider, a positively Puritan attitude towards male-female contact.  Maybe it's because Ron had troubles in the past; maybe because I had an emotional affair back in 2000.

So, while the nice guy from church would be happy to come and pick me up, if Ron didn't want to come, I just don't think it's a good idea.  Is the guy a pervert, weird, or creepy?  No, absolutely not.  He's a good guy who loves Jesus, but I don't think it's a good idea to spend extended time alone with other men.

Does that mean I'm some kind of whore?  No.  [laugh]  I can restrain myself.  I have a "type" and he is not it.  You are probably looking at a photo of Ron in the sidebar and saying, oh, Heather, you've got a type, alright...[snicker]

But closeness breeds intimacy and intimacy can breed problems.  At least, that's the way I roll.  I don't tell people what to do, I just tell you what I do.

Not to mention, Ron would be upset.

So, I stayed home today.  Our neighborhood was delightfully quiet.  I think it's great that we all have the same values.  A family moved in across the street; she works nights, sleeps during the day.  He works days, and they have a couple kids.  I heard the kids playing in the backyard.

I slept in, woke up, and went back to sleep.  I got very excited when Baby Girl got into bed with me.  She loves to lie on Ron, curled up and purring, for hours.  I would love to get half those cuddles.

Now, Bubba's my boy, I love him.  I will always love him; but his idea of a "cuddle" is lying on the same couch and allowing me to pet him.

So, Baby Girl climbed into bed.  She is small enough that she has to climb up the side of the bed.  She did that and made a cute little interrogatory noise.  I said "Hi Baby!" and patted the bed, next to my shoulder.  She jumped on my foot, playfully bit it, and jumped out of bed, running down the hall.  Not exactly what I had in mind!

I went back to sleep and had a nightmare.  An apocalyptic event had occurred, and I was trying to buy some ramen noodles.  It was pretty upsetting.

When I woke up, I told Ron "When I finish my God Time, I'm going to Food Town".  I talked to Ron for a while, played with Baby Girl, and locked her in Ron's room (poor thing, all curled up in his neck) while I let Bubba in for HIS cuddle.  He sat on the couch with me while I did my God Time, and then sat by the front door, even though the cat door was open.  I let him out the front door, shut the cat door, and let Baby Girl out.

Ron said he'd go, then said he wouldn't.  I said I'd be fine.  He kept carrying on about "making me ride the bus".  I told him, the bus is easy, waiting 2 hours on Metrolift is hard!  I like the bus - guaranteed ride every 20 minutes.

I did tease him a little "Just because I got mugged, at that same bus stop, at the same time of day, on the weekend, no reason to worry."  I put on a very brave voice.  "I'll be fine, really."  We both laughed, but as I was getting ready to leave he said he was coming with me.  My comment had really bothered him (not my intention).  

The way I see it, if something's going to happen, it's going to happen, regardless of who is present, time of day, or whether or not I'm on the bus.  God will either protect me, or allow it so I can grow or graduate to Heaven.  I'm not worried about someone "getting" me.

Ron wouldn't hear it, he had to come.  So, I put him in the wheelchair and pushed him to the bus stop.  We caught the bus and got off.  The only scary thing was getting across the parking lot, but once people saw I pushed a wheelchair they were very considerate.

We got into the store and I looked around for a small basket.  The store was too crowded for him to hang onto the back of a regular shopping cart (we do that sometimes at Walmart).   I found a cardboard box and put it in his lap.

Needless to say, I got the ramen noodles.  Ron likes the cup, I like the brick - the one you boil on the stove.    I got both, in flavors we both like (either one could eat all the ramen).  A good variety.  I think I spent maybe $9 on ramen noodles.  Worth it if it keeps the nightmares away.  I found a good place to store them when we got home.

So, Ron's holding a box full of various ramen noodles and small bag of cereal.  The generic brand was half the cost per ounce!  And it's good!

He mentioned he'd like more paper towels, and I put a roll on top of the box.  He made constipated, straining, noises as he pretended to gasp for breath.  A lady came around the corner, saw Ron, and glared at me.

Thanks, Ron!  I got some fake cheddar cheese and a loaf of bread - I'm on a grilled cheese kick.  Then we checked out, went to the bus stop, and came home.

We locked the cat door, and let Baby Girl out of the bedroom (we locked her in and opened the cat door for Bubba access), while I put up the groceries.  Ron admitted he had a lot of fun.  Good.

My love language is Quality Time  I like hanging out with him, going places, pushing him in the wheelchair.

I'm glad he came along.

1 comment:

Prickly Pannusitis said...

Video blog!!!