Sunday, October 14, 2012

As badly as ours

Well, I did figure out the source of the music I'd been hearing for the last week or so: next door.  For some reason, they are playing music every night and day.  Maybe the youngest baby is teething, or something.

The music went on until after 11, when Ron called the police.  As soon as the police came, the party broke up.  A few minutes later, the homeowner was in his backyard singing karaoke, very loudly, with the music on full blast, so Ron called the police again.

Ron and I have determined, the "type" of neighbor who is playing loud music late at night will only turn it down if the police instruct him to do so.  If we ask, they just blow us off; then we've lost the ability to call the cops because they'd know it was us.

It seems like no one else cares about noise.  I feel like we are the only ones who do.

At any rate, I worked on doing my chores, did some laundry, etc.  Had the party gone later, I would have taken my shower and done my morning God Time.

I lay in bed, listening to faint music, loud enough to keep me awake, but not loud enough to complain; and asked God for a good quality of sleep.

Happily, I got it, I think.  I just don't understand what's led him to start playing music, loud enough for me to hear, in his house all the time, now.

Considering his level of intoxication during the last couple parties, I think his business is doing as badly as ours.  He was also up and in his truck before I even got dressed this morning.  Huh.

No comments: