Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Groggy

I figured out a couple of things today.

1.  Granola bars have peanut flour.
2.  Peanuts are a definite migraine trigger for me.

I was eating a couple of them every day, waking up with hideous migraines, but good news, I can simply avoid them in the future.

I also figured out:
3.  Wellbutrin packs a whallop.

Wellbutrin does a couple of things when I take it (75 mg a day).  One, it makes my whole head tighten up.  If I already have a headache, that's an instant, day-long migraine.  So, I've been missing it more often than not the last week.  I'd rather battle depression than a migraine.

I can hear someone yelling in the ether.  Yeah, I probably deserve all of it.  I will ask if you experience regular migraines, yourself?

I thought it was the Wellbutrin, not the granola bars!  I'm not eating any more generic Frosted Wheat, either.  Some kind of migraine trigger in there.

So, number two on the migraine, I get the hot flashes.  They are pretty tiresome, and I wonder if people might think I'm taking something illicit.  People just ignore me as I drip sweat.  They are very kind.

I have to think, that might be one nice side effect of the feminists - they have done a decent job educating the public about menopause and the effects.  So, they probably think I'm in menopause.  I might be, I don't know.

The way I see it, it doesn't really matter.

Last night, Baby Girl got into bed for a cuddle, for a while.  That was fun, but she's so little I worry I'll roll over on her.

Today I woke up, no headache.  Shockingly.  I was pretty exhausted, though, and slept in a little.

I decided to skip the shower and do my God Time instead.  Good call, I think.

I took my medication (all of it) and we waited on the ride to Walmart, which was an hour and a half late.  Coming home, we had several angry people on the vehicle, so it's not just us.

Pretty much the minute I got in the store, my medication slapped me hard.  I couldn't think.  I had a list, but it took me forever to make my choices.  Making my deposit, that was funny.

I'm staggering around the store, like some kind of zombie, pushing my cart.  I got a few little candles, some precooked foods, and grilled cheese fixings.  I just couldn't think.

That's the price I pay for sanity.  Now, the ride to get to Walmart was so late, I figured I might as well stay home.  If I had gotten home around 11 I might have gone out, but that wasn't happening.  We got home well after 12.

I remember, Ron joyfully proclaimed "It's after 12!" and went off in search of alcohol.  I put my things away, ate a snack, took the rest of my medication, and a nap.

I lit my little vanilla votive and took a nap.  I had a pretty good nap but woke up with a headache.  I think that goes to hydration, once I drank about 3 quarts I was OK.  Lithium does act as a diuretic.

At any rate, I feel fine now.  Medication really puts me through the wringer, especially when I am already depressed.

Oh, and it's raining.  So, I'm glad I stayed home.  Bubba came by, ate, and left.  He's not a fan of the kitten.

I just feel so groggy today.

1 comment:

Prudence said...

I have terrible migraines too. I've tried everything on the planet to rid myself of them. I take relpax when I get one. But I have discovered that when I avoid sugar and grains, I tend to feel great! Yes, it is very difficult, but worth it. I lose days to migraines, I get loopy, I can't think, everything I'm sure you experience. So my migraines have gotten better since I changed my diet. but each one of us is different. I hear ya, it's a nightmare.