Wednesday, October 24, 2012

I bet he's with the t-shirt.

I seldom get political.

For one, I find the whole process tedious.  I also find the candidates nauseating.  It's not one party or another, it's ALL of them.  They just ooze.

The last time I really got excited about a candidate, it was McCain back in 2000.  I have to say, after 9/11, I was pretty impressed with Bush, and voted for him in the next election.

Being a conservative Christian, I vote accordingly, but registered as an Independent because I don't believe in a "party ticket".  I vote for the candidate I think will do the job.

It is safe to say, I did not vote for Obama.  I had a bad feeling about him the minute he came on the scene, and my blog reflects that.  Check out the date, Feb, 2008.  Jesus he knows me

Never liked him.  Sure don't, now.  Sales are down 75%.  We stand an excellent chance of losing our home.

Now, I work in a union shop.  That's fine.  It's rather entertaining, really.  Union elections are more savage than a slasher movie.  It starts out very polite, and ends in the mud, every time.

Scratch that last comment; it ends in the sewer.  Now, I have to remember someone from work might read this.

In 2008, so many people wore political t-shirts, debate got heated, and I think they cited the "Hatch" act about politics at work.  In spite of that, many proudly wore "We won" Obama tshirts after the election.  I felt really sorry for them.   They had no idea what they'd done.

So, work is very "Democrat".  I get that.  I expect that.

Today, though I found a tshirt so offensive I had to leave the wholesale warehouse and wait outside.   It had printing on the back, and he strategically, and uncomfortably, sat so that everyone passing by could read it.  Something along the lines of "Thank you Jesus, we won" Obama blah blah "We couldn't have done it without you Jesus".

AHG.  The words "Jesus" and "Obama" in such close proximity just made me boil.  To put the Lord of Lords on a t-shirt with that.... I told Ron I had to leave, and when we got outside, told him why.

As we waited, we heard a very rude young man blasting his radio at full power, sending thumping bass beats that set off car alarms all over the parking lot.

"I bet he's with the t-shirt"

4 comments:

Mark Charles said...

Obama is a Christian, he and Michelle are goid people. you would rather see a man who's cult like religion demands ge wears magic underwear and thinks he can become a God and create his own universe become our president?

This makes no sense Obama is having trouble, yes! But it is the George W legacy he walked into, not what he created!

Heather Knits said...

Mark, did you actually read my post? What about my lousy sales? Sales were fine "under" Bush, excellent in fact.

How can you call a man a Christian - he wears a gold ring that says "Allah is Great" in arabic, a TENET of islam. Not only that, it is forbidden for a Christian to wear something like that "No other gods before Me" - so don't try to tell me the same old crap. I don't believe it.

God let me know He could use a talking Donkey to work his will (Google Baalam's donkey), He can certainly use a Mormon.

But, you'll probably never come back and respond because you thought I had this set to post all comments automatically, and choose to post and run.

You keep hanging onto your delusions. *I* am taking my medication.

Oh, and if I ever had even a moment's thought about voting democrat, the hate mail I'm getting has convinced me otherwise.

Melanie said...

Amen to that Heather. I have never read someone's post on the internet-someone I don't even know, most of the time-who supported a Democrat, talked about how great they are, and even bashed (usually with falsehoods) MY candidate of choice (always a Republican, hopefully a conservative), and felt impelled to scold or harangue the poster for their comments, even the falsehoods.

(At least not on their personal blog, and I don't go to leftist/Democrat political sites).

Since this is your personal blog, and I am in agreement with you, I can say this-I also believe that Obama is secretly a Muslim. I'll never forget George Stephanopolous correcting him when he said "my Muslim faith" and George quickly said "you mean your Christian faith". No Christian would make that kind of slip, their minds just wouldn't think that way. Of course that's just one incident, but combined with other things it lends credence to the idea that he's a Muslim.

I don't love Romney, but I will crawl over broken glass to vote for him-Obama has got to go. I KNOW Romney will be better on fiscal issues, and hopefully we'll gain the Senate, and I'm sure we'll keep the House, to hold his feet to the fire on social issues as best we can.

I don't expect the clock to turn back on anything because this old world is only going to get worse as we await the Blessed Hope, but that doesn't mean we can't try to hold back the evil for the sake of future generations, such as there may be.

Heather Knits said...

Exactly. We have to do what we can to support a Godly agenda. We may not like the candidate, and I have yet to encounter one Christian who says "Oh, I love Romney so much, I can't wait to vote for him" but I want to serve the incumbent his pink slip.

That's just me being punitive. I like to think I can admit my own ugliness as it comes up.