Saturday, June 1, 2019

Work with a migraine

Oh, I'm tired.  I didn't sleep well and woke up with a migraine.  STILL had to work, and I did. 

I did not work out because I can't imagine anything worse than swinging a kettlebell at 4 AM with a migraine.  Not happening. 

I did get all the work stuff done.  Ron is able to do more.  If he had a stroke back in April, he is making a pretty good recovery. 

He did wear pants today, yesterday he wore shorts and snagged his leg, cutting it.  I had to clean up all the blood.  I don't care about that but I worried about him bleeding on a vehicle.  People rightly freak about blood. 

But work went fine.  Ron was very appreciative which makes life better.  He had a good attitude, too. 

I will have to make a point of noting that, to him, before I go to bed.  "Thank you for being so positive today".  I try to do that. 

We did work, did the hell out of it, the machines looked great when we left.  We came home, I took a nap.  It felt like a very long, satisfying, one but it was only about an hour. 

Then I put my sneakers on and took the bus to the bank.  Ron did not want to - I didn't want to, go on paratransit today.  Everyone got their disability check, on the service, and will be wanting to spend it. 

So I took the bus, it was fine.  I walked over 9K steps today and was fine.  Then I bought some scented laundry detergent.  It's summer time.  We are sweating.  I want a scented detergent to battle the odors.  I am also working out and those tshirts can get pretty rank.  So, I got that, glad I did.  I got "Original Tide". 

Then I came home on the bus.  I am glad I did that, although I saw both a Uber and a Lyft while waiting on the bus.  Maybe a sign from God?  Don't know. 

Came home, Ron was fine, Biscuit wanted dinner.  Fed everyone.  Got the laundry going.  Talked about trips for tomorrow, should be pretty busy. 

We need to go get Ron's pills, no question about that.  Hopefully we will have a "just right" time window.  We will see; we still have to go. 

I am hoping to get up early tomorrow, do a kettlebell/leg workout, put the racks together, take a shower, get Ron ready, go to Walmart, come home, rest for a while, and then go out to the Waffle House later. 

We will see how that works out.  I am really hoping I do not wake up with another headache.  I had a pretty awful one this morning. 

I am thinking cottage cheese for dinner.  Ron had a burrito and then some popcorn.  He is good for the day.  I need to take my pills so I think the cottage cheese will do the trick. 

I also figured out the odor issue in his room.  He leaves the cap off the empty urinals and some of them smell like urinals.  I am drinking my diet cherry cranberry juice and I will give that bottle to him and then throw away the worst offender. 

I am also reading a book - Amazon keeps giving me free books - this one "Lift Like a Girl".  It is better than I expected.  I am enjoying it. 

I'm glad I made my deposit, I have options now for Walmart delivery, etc.   I found a spot in the bedroom for the elliptical - that will be nice to have it in climate control.  I just need to clear it out.  The punching bag will go in the garage. 

Biscuit came in; he's wet.  I guess it is raining a little.  We need it. 

That's it for now. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your migraines are probably from the urinals