Friday, June 28, 2019

After the workout

I shook off my pity party and got dressed in my workout clothes.  I love my 11 inch inseam bike shorts, form fitting but not slutty (I think).  I paired it with an oversized microfiber tshirt, socks, and sneakers.  I put on my favorite perfume, I can never wear it at work because food service and perfume are just a big NO.  Unless you want flowery tuna and cheetos.  I often forget to wear it when I am not at work, or I have a headache with sensitivity. 

I took a walk.  I could see a storm coming in, it is interesting.  Most of the time everyone hides when a thunderstorm approaches.  I was outside watching the clouds and lightning.  It was fascinating.  I had a good walk, came inside, took off shoes and socks. 

Kettlebell is best done barefoot, per my reading (several books).  I went out and did that, a good workout but not trying to kill myself.  20 minutes. 

I was pretty sweaty after.  I hung up my sweatband (I wash them every week) and headed out to the mailbox.  It was raining pretty hard so I took off my flip flops and walked through the puddles, one of my favorite things to do since I was a girl. 

I found a talking book for Ron, and brought it back to him.  Ron was doing his "suffering" routine and not mad at me anymore.  If he was hurting he should have asked for something. 

But I will never understand him completely.  We had a power spike and lost power, internet went down.  My computer utterly freaked over that, I had to reboot it. 

Everything was fine, though. 

My hair is soaked but I put most of my fitness clothes in the wash, hung up the bike shorts (again, washed every week).  I felt nicely calmed and energized from the workout.  That is really the ideal, I think. 

I used to do 1.5 to 2 hour workouts several times a week.  No wonder I was exhausted all the time and could never sustain it for long.  Far better to do half an hour most days a week, sometimes cardio, sometimes weights, but mixing it up and keeping it fresh - and short! 

Then I have the energy to go live my life.  Because I don't want to be that bitter, sullen, person. 

The cats joined me in solidarity for a while, all 3 of them in this small room, it was pretty funny.  It's like they were siding with me. 

They scattered when I got up to do my workout.  That's OK. 

I am starting to get hungry so I'm going to murder some pizza and take my pills.  My parents have been wanting to know about our mandatory business conference this fall, I finally got the information so they can make their plans.  I hate to hold anyone up - I really hate that. 

So now they can plan their visit.  Ron said he will be fine overnight (we usually go to Galveston) so he can stay home and think about what life is like without Heather in it.  I will be off having fun at the beach. 

One day, at least. 

I will call the vet and make arrangements to board Biscuit, after I talk to them.  The girls will be fine with a big ol' food bowl on the floor and plenty of water in their fountains, clean boxes - they will have a good time eating all the treats Ron will give them. 

Biscuit won't be having as much fun but he will only eat his food, stay healthy, and won't he be happy to see me when I pick him up? 

No comments: