Tuesday, June 25, 2019

Tuesday evening

I notice I have more energy when I work out.  Normally up at 5, still up well after 6 PM, no nap, I'd be exhausted.  But I'm not, and I'm not manic either. 

Our driver picked us up over half an hour late to go to the pain doctor, and was not good.  On the plus side he did do a good job of tying down the wheelchair, and the cab was relatively clean, but not a good or easy ride. 

Doc saw us.  Apparently Ron has a remarkable amount of arthritis in his back.  I'm not surprised.  Doc also said save our money on acupuncture.  So much for that. 

We left, an hour before our pickup time.  Ron's back was hurting him and he did not want to sit in his wheelchair an additional hour, and then God knows how long a ride home.  So he called a cab.  It was not cheap (less than a steak dinner but more than a hamburger dinner) but we both felt it was worth it.  We had a really nice African guy with an Uncle Sam bobblehead on his dashboard.  He was a very good driver. 

We got home about our pickup time.  Ron of course called to cancel that ride.  We got a penalty mark but to my understanding we only have the 2 now. 

The cats were happy to see us.  Ron had been curled up in bed with Baby Girl before we left.  She played "hard to pet" when he got home, though.  I fed everyone and they seem happy. 

I plan to go to bed pretty early.  I haven't been very hungry today (a nice change from when I was low carb and working out, always starving!), so when I get an appetite I will heat up my leftover cheese bread from last night and eat that.  I need to do up my pills tonight so I may do that first, then eat. 

I am just now getting tired. 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have you always needed a lot of sleep or is it because of your medication? Why don't you bring an empty urine specimen container home and have Ron fill it first thing in the morning at home then bring it to his appointment? Seems it would be less stress then trying to go at the office.

Heather Knits said...

Specimen has to be filled there - BUT they didn't need it yesterday. He is just constantly dehydrated and needs to drink more every day.

I was put on DOUBLE doses of Prozac at age 13. I didn't have "average" depressions :p, so after that I needed a lot of sleep. Before medication it was variable but I could get by on 4 hours of sleep if I was manic. These days ideal is about 9 a night. "Perfect" is with a 2 hour nap in there somewhere too. If things are crazy I can get by with less but only for so long.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for explaining about the drugs and sleeping. Wow, that's a lot of sleep, half of your day, hard to manage.

Heather Knits said...

Well, that's ideal levels. Today I got up at 7 and still awake at 2... had a bad headache and took a lot of caffeine. But Doc did say to limit caffeine intake so I do virtually every day unless I have a bad headache.

I was fine last year when Ron was in the hospital, up every day, to work, to hospital, errands, home around 7, up early.

I do have more energy working out as I'm not killing myself in the workout. So jittery today, I had 3 mountain dews and excedrin.