Sunday, June 23, 2019

A busy day

It was a busy day.

I opted NOT to do my workout first thing, and got ready, got Ron ready.  Ron "found" his wedding ring, was utterly thrilled, and put it on even though it's too tight.  He was so proud of it, it was cute.

We went to the warehouse.  It was pretty hectic.  I managed to get everything we needed, I did not get ALL of it, just "enough" on snacks and "plenty" on drinks.  Our driver was right on time, it worked great.

We had not one but TWO guys show up to help us.  I think our reputations at tippers proceeded us.  We were off in minutes and went to work.  We didn't have any problems getting Ron in or out of the vehicle.  I put Ron in our work area and brought out the carts, we worked well together loading them.  He gave the right amount of help, not too much, not too little.  It went very well.

NOW we have a good inventory.  Then I went inside, had to put it all away, help Ron, etc.  We did everything we needed and left.

Our driver was a little late, and Ron had to ride in the back, but the driver was very nice and a guy we both like.  We literally talked about chicken feed on the way to our destination.

There was a bad wreck, the second we have encountered in a week.  It took a while getting around it.

We dropped off the other client and then a bit of a drive to our location.  We got there and it was very busy.  I was happy for the employees.

Ron didn't want much food.  I got him two shrimp, one rib, and a tiny smoked chicken drumstick.  It was "too much" he said after he finished it.  The owner and the manager came by and said hello.

I suspect Ron is becoming a sort of mascot.

Then the ride home, I saw a paratransit vehicle a few minutes before our pickup time, so we went out.  I saw a paratransit cab pass us up and go too far down the road.  I waited for it to come back.  It never did.

Ron called about 15 minutes past our pickup time.  "The driver is there".  "He may have 'arrived' it" I replied "But he's not here, we are standing out front".  A minute later guess who comes creeping around the corner?

Then he forced us to listen to an NPR podcast on the way home, thank God the ride is short and we were a direct trip.  I was happy to get out of the vehicle, the man could NOT stay in one lane and it felt very unsafe riding with him.  I hope we don't see him again.

My pants were extremely baggy today, so I took them off when I got home and got out my "smaller sizes" box.  Short story, a couple of them worked very well.  I was pleased.

Some didn't, and went back on the shelf, but the too-baggy pants got hung up in an unused part of the closet.  Then of course I had to do a load of laundry because I had "new" pants.  I shoveled everything in there and got it going, rounded up some Ron clothes as well.  They should be done in around 20 minutes.

I plan to do kettlebells shortly.  I would rather do them late than not do them at all.

But I'm tired.  I got a lot done today and got all my activity points, for one - and my tracker has me up to 75!  I always do so much running around at work it is insane.  But a good workout.

The woman working for the other vendor quit - I wonder if in part due to all the activity required.  It is a very physical job.

I'm going to go drink another cold diet caffeine free soda before I think about my workout.

Edit, I did a compromise, 20 minutes on the exercise bike.  Not sure what I am doing for a workout tomorrow. 

No comments: