Monday, June 10, 2019

Early Monday

I slept OK.  Woke up and started my routine (did not work out today, will take a walk later).  Everything was going OK until I got my pants - I was going to wear a clean pair today.  I reached for my keys, last seen on my bedside table, and.... gone. 

I tore up the house for a while but they hid.  We had to leave. 

Ron produced his house key ring (we each have separate key rings for home and work), so we had A set of keys, just not my set of keys.  We went to work. 

I had given us enough time, unlike [cough cough] some people.  I had time to help Ron with all his work (appreciated) mail the water bill and homeowners insurance, then do my work and also get a delivery and stock that. 

That done, we went to the bank.  We had to deposit enough (over a thousand) to cover the insurance.  The water bill was less than $40, that wasn't a problem.  But the insurance!  They had better pay up, if we saved the premium every year we would have over fifteen thousand by now. 

It was probably one of our fastest transactions, I handed over the cash, rubber banded to a filled out deposit slip, so all she had to do was scan it, do a few keystrokes, run the money through her bill counter, and hand us a receipt.  A lot easier than counting all those packs of $1's like we normally do. 

And we are good for a year, now. 

We started our day well before 6 AM, so we finished early.  Ron called Arturo and we went through a drive-through, then went home. 

I was pretty tired, I fed the cats again, then hunted around the house some more for my keys before taking a nap.  #6 had his guy over, most likely not a professional yard man.  He was VERY slow and inefficient.  He made a lot of noise along my bedroom wall so hard to sleep (I still managed).  Our guys swoop in and are done in 5 minutes, front and back yard, mowed, edges trimmed, blown, done.  This guy took over half an hour by himself. 

Probably just some random guy off the internet.  Not smart when you have a pretty young wife and daughter home alone.  There are a lot of freaks out there. 

I started working on a headache so I got up around 2, had a caffeine drink and that helped.  I fed the cats again. I will return to hunting next to my bed - which is a very dense and layered mess, my keys have got to be somewhere in the area.  I am hoping to avoid a trip to get my keys made tomorrow. 

Worst case I will go and get keys made, a set for me, a backup set for us, and a set for my aunt, who should have them for disaster anyway.  She is our next of kin, it just seems smart. 

But ugh, I am sick of sorting through junk and figuring out where to place it, what gets thrown away. I mean, why do I have 50 thousand receipts next to my bed, anyway?  Ugh. 

I will be glad when the key problem is over. 

No comments: