Sunday, June 30, 2019

It could be a lizard

Well, the nap didn't work out.  I am going to sleep well tonight.  I got up and decided to help Ron find his cord.  It has been missing since he had a bad blackout about a week ago.  He couldn't have gone far with it but we can't find it.  I did help him look, though.  I can tell you all the places it isn't: foot of the bed, side of the bed, head of the bed, front side of the bed, behind his dresser, under his table, under his chair... you get the idea.

He will just have to call the cable company and get another cord.  And then he will probably find it.

 He looked some more after I stopped in his room, I looked in the bathroom (in the cabinet) and in the kitchen (found some potatoes in the cabinet that needed to go), I took out the trash, etc.

Ron just wants to relax at home, he can do that, until our trip.  It wants to rain but shouldn't be too bad, I still plan to wear my flip flops.  Worst case I can hang onto the wheelchair if I slip.

People don't look at that - I have support, a place to hang my stuff, etc.  If he had a healing I would be a little sad to see all that go.  I wouldn't miss putting the wheelchair in a trunk, though.  That's a job I hate and I think one reason a certain cab driver always gets a good tip: no attitude about putting up the wheelchair.  I don't mind the rest of the "helping Ron" stuff.

Like Ron told a driver once, he's my Barbie and I "get" to dress him every day.  I didn't much care for dolls as a kid but I did like dressing them.  If only I knew!

[went to dinner, came back]  Now I just need to get him out of his clothes.

We had a good meal, I got some protein into him.  We had, again, a rather long wait on our ride home but we got it eventually.  A very lonely old lady monopolized me on the way home.

I checked the mail and found my Kratom!  Well, "ours".  They sent a TON of free samples.  I already liked these guys because they are local.  They also provide great customer support.  This is over the top. 

So I gave Ron one of the reds - just one capsule, and he slept great with no pain all night.  With no side effects.  It just baffles me how anyone could think this was "bad". 

Ron has told me he just wants to stick to reds for now, they are sedating and have a better reputation with pain control.  It's his body so that's fine.  I took some "green" when I had my migraine and was very pleased with the results, a little more alert (but not too much), and no headache.  I did buy some small bottles of orange juice to make it more palatable next time. 

I was in the middle of typing this all out last night when we had a power failure.  Ron was asleep so I went to bed early, had JUST gotten to sleep when he started shouting at me about his urinals. 

As you know, they smell vile, and I was gagging in his room looking for his connector cable.  So I took 3 of them, leaving one for use, and added bleach to them, then water.  They foamed up.  Talk about a battle of the chemicals.  I let them soak for a while and that's when Ron wanted them back.  So I dumped them out and returned them, he was pretty angry.  I reminded him I had left one bottle for him but he wasn't placated. 

I went back to bed, fell asleep again, and the power came back.  I didn't know my table lamp in the bedroom pointed right at my face when I'm lying in bed.  I didn't know until last night.  It was an effective wakeup.  So then I ran around turning everything off.  Then I went back to bed. 

And, around midnight, that party down the street got pretty wild and woke me up again.  No wonder I am knocking back Dr Peppers like nobody's business today. 

I woke up OK and reset my alarm.  I will take my walk later. 

Some bad news, Torbie did not want her breakfast.  She looks very comfortable lying in bed on my pillow but no appetite.  Ron did not give her treats.  So either she caught something or age is catching up with her.  My vet and I have suspected kidney disease for a while.  Now, she is very comfortable and happy.  I went in and talked to her today, said the things that should be said about loving her, etc.  You just never know. 

I just don't think that is a good sign.  I'm not going to let her suffer at any rate.  Not doing it. 

I am just hoping she ate a lizard, and is full.  That would be ideal.  She doesn't seem to be in distress, which is of utmost importance. 

Like I've said, NOT getting another one if she does pass.  Baby Girl owns Ron and would feel very threatened. 

But, like I said, it could be a lizard.  She does like to hunt outside in her cage.  I should know more by the time we get home from work, a cat in distress is very OBVIOUS about it.  At least that has been my experience. 

Times like this I wish I had webcam pointed at her so I could watch her today.  On the plus side, the other two cats are doing great.  They yelled for breakfast the minute I got up and ate a good amount.  They are still pretty young and lively. 

But I am just drawn to senior cats.  They generally have a very tragic tale.  They are slow and sweet.  They appreciate every little thing.  I will never forget Frosty (white cat)'s face when he realized that petting was a good thing.  He couldn't get enough of it, after that. 

Kittens are cute and fun (better to get two at a time, like I did with Biscuit and Gravy), but my heart is with the senior cat.  Even though I lose them sooner. 

Biscuit is snoring on the floor, laying on his back, legs in the air, behind me right now.  I also have a heart for special needs cats like him.  He's such a good boy. 

Ron rescued Baby Girl as a kitten, and she's one of those one-person cats.  That person is Ron.  My other cats love us both, but Baby Girl really only loves Ron.  I am OK with that, she brings him a lot of happiness.  And things may change with Baby Girl after Torbie goes.  We will have to see. 

I tease Ron I will cremate him when he dies, cremate Baby Girl when she dies, and mix their ashes before I scatter them.  He always laughs but I think he would like that. 

I had better get ready for work. 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hopefully Torbie is OK and it is just that she was all full form a nice meal of lizard.

Anonymous said...

He is such a wonderful person with all those nasty pee smelling bottles half full in his room. Why can't he use one and empty it daily? Or better yet roll his ass into the bathroom and use the toilet like a normal person. I am surprised he doesn't just take a dump in a bucket in his room and wait until it is full before he empties it out. I think when he is finally out of your house you will not miss the stench of piss that comes out of his room. The fact that you allow him to do this shows how far off the deep end you have gone.

Heather Knits said...

She ate fine this morning. :)

About Ron, if he needs to use the bottle I am OK with it. I will ask him to start washing them out again after he empties them, he used to do that but stopped for some reason.

Anonymous said...

They asked you to keep the message private and you published it way to go Heather! Maybe remove their email address at least.

Heather Knits said...

Oops. Lesson learned, don't check the comments after I take my medication. I could have sworn I deleted it. I have indeed proven I am not perfect. I did email the requested information.