Wednesday, June 12, 2019

I got stuck in a sport bra and had to be rescued

Overall today was a good day.  I woke up at 6:30, got up, took my shower, got ready to go around 8.  I had about $100 on me and made sure I had all the fun stuff, my stun gun, bus card, etc. 

I noticed my pants and fanny pack are getting looser, I had to tighten my fanny pack today.  I had the electric bill and Ron gave me the money to pay it. 

It wasn't bad, only around $80.  Our house is pretty well insulated, and shaded.  I headed out with 2 Diet Dr Peppers. 

Ron had initially said don't bother him.  But he called me on the bus and we had fun chatting.  He told me to call  "anytime".  I got off the first bus, found the bus stop.  I had doubts about it being the right bus stop even though it was labeled with the bus number and destination. 

I called Ron to tell him I was glad I had taken my allergy pill, as a yard guy was moving a big grassy lot across the street and I could smell the grass.  He bit my head off and I hung up.  Then he sent me a message "Who gives a fubk!" 

I was pretty offended.  Don't act like it is "OK to call" - who does that anyway?  And then get angry when I do.  You should be happy someone wants to talk to you.  My bus came, I boarded.  I brooded for a couple of miles and sent Ron a text back, I thought it was pretty scathing "Don't worry I won't call you again.  Even though you said it was fine.  I don't go where I'm not wanted". 

And he just texted back "Great reading a good book"  So much for that.  I put my phone away and looked out the window.  I remembered to sit in a forward facing seat. 

The bus got pretty packed by the time we got near the Walmart.  My first bus had been pretty busy too.  But I view that as "good".  If there are a lot of riders they are FAR less likely to cut routes/hours. 

I rang the bell for my stop.  And old lady got off with a toddler.  She must have been 80 years older than the baby.  I really doubted she could be an effective caregiver, what if the baby takes off?  She can't chase it. 

I headed into Walmart and paid the electric bill.  I looked around. I picked up a few small things and stopped by a display of sport bras.  I found one on clearance, in what ought to be my size.  It was only $5 so I just threw it in the cart without trying it on. 

I paid and left.  I walked back out to the bus stop.  I had a pretty long wait with a young white guy who seemed pretty harmless.  Neither of us spoke. 

The bus arrived and the driver waved me back.  I realized he was unloading a wheelchair.  I have ridden with a lot of wheelchair bus patrons lately.  I guess they are either too cheap or don't want to be confined by a pickup time with paratransit. 

I rode to my stop and got off.  I threw away my empty diet Dr Pepper (I drank innumerable cold diet Dr's today, I hope I sleep OK tonight), and walked over to Academy. 

I went in and looked at the fitness equipment, tried to get on an elliptical, it felt very precarious as if I might fall any second.  Then the movement didn't feel right in my knees.  That clinched it: NOT getting an elliptical.  The last thing I need is a fall trying to get on or off the thing, or an injury from the movement. 

I went over to look at the Women's fitness apparel.  They have some cute stuff, I don't want a long legging in the middle of summer, though.  I prefer a pretty short bike short.  They had some "bun huggers" even, basically a little larger than a large panty, but not in my size.  I got the bike shorts I wanted, and found another cute pair.  Each pair was about $13.  I was debating buying the second pair.  "If one pair were $30, would I buy it?"  Yes, I would, so I threw both in the cart.  They had some cute tops and sport bras.  I didn't fit the plus size, according to the chart, and I did not fit the standard sizes according to their chart.  I got one of each and went into the fitting room. 

The plus one didn't work.  I tried on the standard, it was an XL.  I got it on OK but ran into trouble getting it off.  It got stuck halfway over my head, arms sticking up, trapped.  I fought it for a while but could not get loose.  I realized I would have to take off my glasses or they might break in the removal process.  These glasses cost me over $300 so I did that. 

I clutched my tshirt over my chest and went into the main fitting room area, waited patiently for the clerk to finish chatting with a woman who mainly wanted to talk vs actually shop.  She finally left and the clerk gaped at me. 

At no point did I remember I had neglected to shave my armpits this morning. 

"Could you help me?"  She said yes of course and came rushing over.  We went into my fitting room.  She wanted to "be nice" and use small, gentle, tugs.  She was worried about my hair, tangled in the bra.  I told her to go ahead and yank.  She gave a slightly more vigorous yank.  "More"  She gave a harder tug and it came loose.  There I am in front of her, chest exposed, no glasses, hair tangled.  I thanked her and told her she could take the bra, I would not be buying it!  [grin]

Once I got re-dressed I got the rest of my try-ons and returned them.  I did put the shorts in my cart, though.  I wanted those. 

Later on, I found some Diet Dr Pepper so I got a couple.  I checked out and left for the bus stop.  I saw a man standing there with his toddler son.  I asked him what bus he was waiting on, he scowled at me and told me. 

"Good" I said.  The bus came in a couple of minutes (overall,good trips) and I boarded, sat up front because I was only going 4-5 miles.  We stopped again, and an older man got on.  He reeked of alcohol and was swaying on his feet. 

"I shouldn't have to pay, I'm a disabled veteran"  The bus driver said he had to pay regardless and the man held his card up to the meter.  The bus company basically gives everyone an RFID credit card, you hold it up to the reader.  If you are a registered student, elderly, or disabled you pay half.  He had no credit on his card. 

A lot of angry belligerence, stomping up and down "I can't figure out how to load fare on my card" then sitting down right next to me (of course), I could smell the reek of alcohol on him. 

I have seen NOTHING in my life of alcohol that makes me view it as "fun" or a "good thing".  Something I want in my life?  No thanks.

He gave a convoluted story to anyone who would listen, he was riding with someone and when the fare got up to $35 he got out at an intersection and ran to avoid paying the fare.  That's not something I'd be proud of.  He kept going on how Uber was cheaper and I couldn't help but think of all the well cared for Uber vehicles I have seen, and now they would never allow a stinking drunk into their ride, how a man who couldn't arrange a ride to the VA probably couldn't manage the debit/credit card account needed to pay for Uber... etc. 

I ignored him, he ignored me.  Happily I wasn't going far by this point.  I saw my connector bus idling at the intersection as we approached.  "Awww, I hate that"

Most drivers will not let me on the bus,they like to watch me run but refuse to open the door and make me wait on the next one.  I decided to "try". 

I ran with my tote bag flapping on my shoulder, and miracle of miracles, she let me on.  I paid and sat down.  I got off at my stop, thanked her, and walked home. 

I put my stuff away, put up the garbage can, fed the cats, and took a nap.  I woke up with a nasty headache, probably too much sun (I did wear my hat).  I talked to Ron and told him I felt he had been unkind and deceptive, saying "Call me" and then yelling at me when I did.  I reminded him I will not be around forever, but he can always get another talking book.  He just laughed, I don't think he took the correction. 

He had a case of vodka delivered while I was out.  I had to move it but that's all I did.  It was in the way.  I don't blame the delivery guy, he's just trying to get rid of it. 

And I can probably go check the mail so I will do that. That was my day. 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

So what? It's not like next time you are out that you won't call the fucktard on the phone and ask him if he needs anything. Or bring him back chicken to shove in his mouth. Why complain about it if you are not willing to do anything about it? Just keep kissing his rear end. You seem to enjoy the abuse and punishments from him. I can only assume it is so normal to you like breathing you wouldn't know how to live without it. At least this way you can play the pity party card with your readers and not have to own up to your part in why he treats you like this and why you keep coming back for more like a dog.

Heather Knits said...

He requires a certain amount of care and feeding. Which is why I bring him chicken even when he's a creep. He has to eat, he doesn't get enough protein. So I feed him. I'm supposed to feed him.

The rest of it goes to me being a decent person even when he is not. Conventional thinking says: you're good to me, I'm good to you, and vice versa. Jesus thinking says: love your enemies, do good to those who spitefully use you. So I can be a better person than that, I can choose to be a loving person even when he doesn't deserve it.

I prefer to take that way of thinking over the conventional, tit for tat thinking of "You'd better be good to me OR ELSE"

Also, as a caregiver I have to be kind to him even when he's ugly.

Anonymous said...

You have to wonder why the bible is so hell bent on protecting the predators that walk among us and leaving the victims out in the cold. It basically is interpreted that you should love and stay with your abuser. How much more pathetic can your god be that gives ridiculous orders such as these? How ridiculous are you that follows these orders even though it is destroying you? Who gives a damn if he eats or not? He can drink his breakfast, lunch and dinner. That seems to be his preference anyway. At least stop calling him when you are out and asking him if he needs anything. You are reinforcing his negative behavior by not setting boundaries and making consequences for his actions and evil.

Anonymous said...

SMH

Anonymous said...

That you, satan?